Qotd 4/27

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Are you germaphobic now that you have a SN child?

I wasn't before having Ava, but now I am. I go through purell and clorox wipes so fast. I have purell in the diaper bag, purse, van, monitor case and in every room.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 27th, 2009, 06:17 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I'm not, but then, Danny's needs are nothing that affects his immune system or is compounded by illness. I went through a phase of germophobia when he first came home from the NICU, but then, he was on meds that lowered some of his blood counts so WAS operating on a suppressed immune system. About a month after he came off them I started to loosen up. Ironically, these days Danny is much healthier than his big brother, LOL.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
April 27th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsong View Post
Ironically, these days Danny is much healthier than his big brother, LOL.
That's how it is here too. I'm really hoping Ava stays healthy for the couple weeks.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 27th, 2009, 10:06 AM
~~~Sara~~~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would not say germaphobe, but I am certainly more cautious and an avid hand washer now!

April 27th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I dont mind the boys being dirty, after all they are boys, but i do worry about sicknesses that are at school and such, so i try to protect them as best I can

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
April 27th, 2009, 10:48 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Definately. With the older kids I was never too picky. But now EVERYTHING has to be cleaned thouroughly, we have hand sanitizer, gloves, face maks, etc... every where. I keep some in the diaper bag and the van, attacxhed to his stroller, by the front door and in every part of our home. When Joey's counts get below a certain point no one can come in if they've have so much as a sniffle within the 24 hours before coming. But when a temp of 100.4 sends him to the hospital for admission, I'm willing to do everythign possible to keep him healthy...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search