Milo sat up!

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2009, 06:26 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Unsupported, for the very first time today! And not just for a few seconds, but for a few minutes! And he keeps doing it! Really, we've been working with him so hard, and he has seemed so close, but he's never even sat up very well even a little supported. Hands around his waist, a little, but was very unstable. I have no idea what happened today, but we're thrilled!

He's 11 months old. We told DH's mom, and I think that she was less-than-thrilled, like, Oh, but kids are SUPPOSED to do that. I don't think that she understands how HARD we've worked to get him here. We've also had some scariness lately with episodes of true weakness, so we thought that he was losing it. We're just so proud of him and I wanted to share!

I feel badly sharing because of kids I know won't do this for even longer, or ever. I also can't share with my PR because I know that all of their kids have been doing this for forever. But I want to be able to share with someone. Thank you.
May 2nd, 2009, 06:31 PM
~~~Sara~~~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Always share here and you should be able to share in you PR too!

I am so excited for you, AND Milo! That's so great, it's funny how we work and work and work and all of a sudden something clicks and they can do it, SO exciting.

I am just beaming with joy for you!

May 2nd, 2009, 06:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!!!!!!!! That is awesome.

and at you always being able to share here. Congrats to you and Milo for all the hard work paying off

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
May 2nd, 2009, 07:05 PM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
That's awesome!

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

May 2nd, 2009, 07:22 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
You should always feel comfortable sharing here! That's great news!! WTG Milo! These milestones may come easy for healthy kids, but they are HUGE for our children. We celebrate all the small things, because they mean so much (they're BIG things to us!).

Give Milo huge hugs from Ava.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
May 2nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
Thank you, ladies! We were filming him eating chocolate-covered Pop Rocks (yeah, super-nutritious, I know) to see him laughing at them. He leaned forward for one. It took us a couple of seconds, and we're talking about it on the video, but didn't want to scare him, I think. I finally had to turn off the camera because I was crying. Hehe.

Thank you for letting me share. I know that you understand how I may feel a little weird sharing with others. I don't tend to brag about my kids, either, but we really thought that he was regressing, so we couldn't believe it when he did it!!!

I hope that you're all having a lovely evening.
May 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
kittycat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a huge step. That's awesome mama!

May 2nd, 2009, 10:31 PM
~~~Sara~~~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am just SO glad he is sitting up, I'm so excited. I know it's weird in your PR, but I am sure there are some mamas there that understand. The mamas in mine know about Carter's syndrome and know he's behind. On that note someone in my DDC just posted about her 10 month old walking, sort of hard to hear when Carter is 17 months and still has a ways to go before he'll walk. But yet I know that is normal and I have to be excited for them too!

May 3rd, 2009, 08:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I definately understand about posting brags in playrooms. I left my playroom shortly after layne was born and havent been back in 3 years

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
May 3rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
Most of the other kids are just so far past this. I feel like I may have to re-explain Milo's situation to make sure that they know that he has delays. I'm just not quite ready to hear, "'Bout time!" I know that no one would mean anything by it, and that it would only be because they don't know/remember, but I'm just guarding right now. I had an exhausting night last night and am about to start my period (which totally wrecks me), so I'm going to stay here for now.

Thank you all again! I'm so proud of my little guy! He looks so adorable sitting there, so tiny, you'd almost miss him if you didn't know he was there. Then he looks at you, SO proud, beaming with his 3 teeth showing, giggling...and then falling. So cute!
May 4th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
You should be proud of him, he's doing so well!!

As far as playroom, I love all the ladies on there. I'm sad to say that right now we don't have much in common with them since Ava is so behind. A lot of topics are hard for me to answer. She is not mobile at all, has a different diet, and has made Dr offices/hospitals a second home. Updates about Ava's milestones are sad compared to the normal updates (like how she tolerates being weaned from steroids, etc), those medical milestones are huge to me. But, The ladies over there in the Apr 08 PR do celebrate this stuff with me, as I celebrate for their milestones. Ava will eventually start doing more. I couldn't have asked for a better playroom. They are great.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
May 4th, 2009, 05:21 PM
~Coley125~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Coley125~
Thats sooo great, congratulations!!
May 5th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
OMG that's awesome!!! Congrats Milo!!!

I remember the first time Cooper sat on his own, I practically flipped out & did back-hand-springs. Same w/ his first steps, I just about went out & screamed it to the world. I reported that to all & everyone. Of course, they were like "okay, great"...not getting how WONDERFUL of an accomplishment it was but that's okay, at least I was thrilled & I know how happy you must feel.

That's great.

May 7th, 2009, 07:44 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Oh my gosh! YAY! I am so stinking excited, and totally annoyed with myself that I haven't made it in here for a few days to see this. That ROCKS! Way to go, Milo!!!

I'm sorry you feel you can't share with your Playroom. I'm blessed with a couple of rocking playrooms that celebrate with me no matter how far behind Danny gets with things. I do understand it being hard though; there are some topics in my PR that I don't even open because I can't handle how far ahead they are compared to him. But they understand, which is more than I could ask.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search