Grier's surgery

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2009, 08:19 AM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Originially, my baby Grier was going in to have a colon resectioning on April 20th. We were supposed to be released on April 27th. Welll right before that, she developed an infection and our release was delayed. Nearly a week later, we are still in the hospital! Last night she spiked a high fever. She is not healing like she should, and they are talking about not waiting to do a colectomy...they've been pretty confident that she would need one, but they wanted to wait, it looks like we'll be having her colon removed before we go home. This means a permanent ostomy. I never, in a million years, would have dreamt my child would have to to through this...though I guess none of you did either. I've been hoping and praying that she would not have to have a permanent ostomy, but it looks like it has to happen.
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com

May 3rd, 2009, 08:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry that you and your precious little one has to go through this. We are here to help and support anyway we can. KUP

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
May 3rd, 2009, 06:44 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
OH, wow. I know that you were hoping hard that she wouldn't have to go through this! It must be so hard for all of you right now. I wish there were something that I could do! Where are you? Has anyone in your family been able to come over to relieve you? Is there any service in the hospital to provide relief? You must be exhausted right now. How is Grier handling everything? Little ones are so resilient. I hope that she's being made comfortable!

(((HUGS))) mama. You're in our thoughts.
May 4th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
I know words aren't going to help, but I'm very sorry. This is going to be a huge adjustment for your family. Please, remember that you were chosen to be her Mom for a reason, you will get through. ((Hugs))

I'm thinking of and praying for your family, you, Grier, and her medical team. If you can, please update us.

I agree with the pp, you need to take care of yourself!! You will be better equiped for caring for Grier if you are rested.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
May 4th, 2009, 10:12 AM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
((HUGS)) We are here if you need us. ((HUGS))

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this but hopefully it will help & she will start to feel & be better. I know that doesn't make it any easier though. Hang in there & please get some rest.

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

May 4th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the encouraging words, ladies. Yes, I've had a bit of a break, my brother is here with us, and my other daughter, but my brother has been great about staying with Grier so I can get out for awhile...with Taylor or by myself. My husband was here last Tuesday and Wednesday, and he's coming back tomorrow for the surgery. Honestly the bed is doing me in. I do have a cot now, but it's not a whole lot better then the chair bed at this stage in my pregnancy, and for the last few nights I've been sleeping holding Grier since she's been so miserable...I just can't bear the thought of leaving her overnight...a few hours during the day I can do, but not overnight, even with my brother.

So they are going to go ahead with the colectomy tomorrow. Tomorrow is also Taylor's third birthday. How can I make her day special while I'm so worried about Grier?

On the bright side of things: I have not seen my oldest 2 children since April 13, and I'll be seeing them tomorrow . I'm glad that if she has to have the colectomy, it's when she's young enough that she'll never know the difference. A colostomy will be a way of life for her.
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search