Appt today-got the MRI!

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2009, 08:12 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
We had a follow-up for Kannon and Milo today. Kannon is healing ok, but has reflux. If I were a better mother, I would have remembered to pick up their meds tonight!!! He'll get Zantac, and we'll see how that goes.

Milo still has an ear infection. Yes, that's right-I also forgot to pick up his antibiotic tonight! UGH! Pumping, getting ready for possible tornadoes, trying to get them fed, nightly medical routine...I just didn't get there in time! Anyway, he still has an ear infection. I asked about the other stuff that's been going on. The ped said that there's no mention in any of the other docs' notes about an MRI. I told her about the sleep study and his awake apneas, sats dropping while eating (into the 50s!), losing weight in spite of more and more calories, the growth hormone deficiency, headaches, out-of-control rate of growth for his head, etc. She was stunned that the docs keep putting any of it off and scheduled an MRI for us! She apologized for it not being sooner (we have to wait 2 weeks), but I was grateful for anything. At least at that point, we'll have a baseline, right? I HOPE that nothing is wrong, but she agreed-if there's so much stemming from neuro-seeming problems, why NOT get an MRI?! Especially at his age-waiting 6 months could be a MAJOR mistake! So, I was oddly excited about the MRI.

So, 2 kids not too happy right now, but both being so sweet. Tomorrow is a special at the dollar theater. Yes, that's right, I'm going to try to take them both to the dollar movies. We'll see how that goes. They went last week, and both of them actually watched and enjoyed. Here's hoping that tomorrow goes as well. It's just $1 for me (they're free), $1 per drink, and $1 for the popcorn that Kannon and I can easily share. If we have to leave, not a giant loss!
May 5th, 2009, 04:58 AM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
I hope the Zantac works well for Kannon..... it did for Luke.
I hope you can get some answers & I am glad that dr ordered an MRI!
Have fun at the $1 movie! That's an awesome deal!!

Psssst.... you're not a bad Mommy for forgetting meds. Geesh, I would have too with all that going on!

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

May 5th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Glad they're doing the MRI, I had to pull teeth to get Cooper's last Neurologist to do one. Drove me so upset. I hope you get the answers soon.

KUP

May 5th, 2009, 12:24 PM
~~~Sara~~~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad things are looking up, have fun at the movies, I think that is a great deal and like you said, if you have to get up and leave before it's over, you have not lost much!

May 5th, 2009, 01:59 PM
kittycat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
probiotics cured my son's digestion and reflux problems. We were on prevacid for years before discovering that.

Good luck on the MRI, glad to hear it was scheduled. That will hopefully give you some answers and put to rest some of the questions/concerns.

May 7th, 2009, 06:40 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Good luck with the MRI, hon! And don't feel bad about forgetting the meds. I, too, have forgotten to fill prescriptions. And, um, they were Danny's antiviral, step-down-from-chemo-strength meds that he was released from the hospital on. Yeeeeah. I'm that good.

Good luck with the MRI, hon! And don't feel bad about forgetting the meds. I, too, have forgotten to fill prescriptions. And, um, they were Danny's antiviral, step-down-from-chemo-strength meds that he was released from the hospital on. Yeeeeah. I'm that good.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
May 11th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
I just saw this, I was going to ask you how things were going. I'm SO SO SO happy he's getting an mri!!!! Finally!

I hope everyone is feeling better!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search