UPDATE on Grier's surgery Tuesday

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry it took so long, the last few days have been uber crazy. The surgery went as well as it could, they did remove the entire large intestine, and she is now on a permanent ileostomy. She had the surgery on Tuesday morning, and since then she hasn't been awake much at all, and the few hours she has been awake she's been extremely fussy. The meds she's on make her extremely tired, but today is the last day so maybe she'll be more awake this weekend. It's hard to tell just how well she's doing when all she does is sleep, but she does seem to be doing OK. She'll be 100% on IV nutrients for a little while yet...Grier's never in her 14 months of life had a bite of solid food, by her own refusal, so I'm optimistic that *maybe* if she's feeling better she'll start eating some solids.

For Taylor we had a cake and a few presents, just our family. We *are* planning a real party but it's hard to plan since we really don't know when we'll be home, but she's happy lol. Probably the last weekend of May which is like REALLY late but it's the safest bet that we will most likely be home by then.

Right now they say 2 weeks in the hospital...so that would be home around the 19th of may, if she heals well and all looks good. Then we still have to come back twice a month for a few months for a check up...but just for the day, not staying overnight!

I'm getting to be a pro at pouch changing! This is me trying very hard to lose my pesimistic attitude I've had lately
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com

May 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I'm glad it went smoothly, hon! I can only imagine after that huge ordeal I'd be tired and fussy too. I really hope this helps with her solids aversion and lets her focus on feeling better and being a busy little girl.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
May 8th, 2009, 05:41 AM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
Thank you so much for the update! I am glad to hear she's doing well. Children are resilient little creatures. I hope this does help with her solids. Hang in there!!!!!

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

May 9th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
I'm so glad the surgery went well. ((Hugs))
I know you're overwhelmed, but I believe it will get easier.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
May 10th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's been taking formula the last few days! Up a lot more and a bit more smily! And we're going home on Friday! My brother and older daughter were here, but they went home; it's just me and Grier here this week, but it's only one more week! Today isn't really mothers day for me, we're celebrating next weekend when I'll be home
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com

May 10th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
That's great news!! Yay for formula and going home!! I'm so happy to hear that!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
May 10th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
what awesome news.

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search