In a "funk"???

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
My Dh told me the other day that I was in a "funk"... that I am always at home if I am not at a doctor's appointment. Come to think of it, he's right. Unless I "have" to be someplace, I don't rush to shower, personally, if it wasn't for me feeling gross w/ out a shower, I probably wouldn't' take one at all. I feel very tired. When you are constantly dealing w/ doctor's appointments, schools, meetings, financial budget & what ever else life brings a mother of 4 boys & 1 DH (make that 5 boys)... I have no time for "me"... so I end up just wanting to do nothing if I don't have an appointment. He said I was "in a funk" & wants me to get out & do more, "window shop". Those were his words. I mean, why would I want to leave my house, WASTE gas & go window shopping for stuff I can't buy? That's not fun. I am potty training, I have to be back for my LO's nap & DS' to get off the bus. Basically, I have no time unless I was showered and ready to leave at 8am. No thanks. I don't like to rush, unless I HAVE too.

Am I the only one that is overwhelemed & would rather take it "easy" on the days that don't require a trip to the doctors office?

May 11th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
I am the exact same way lately! We can be in a funk together. I don't know if I'm overly tired or is it just lack of sleep lately. I'm happy staying at home. I do think depression is probably an issue with us, though. Hopefully we'll snap out of these funks soon.

((Hugs)) hun!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
May 11th, 2009, 12:48 PM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
No, I would much rather be at home, lounging. I stay in my jammies most of the time. I'm not sure I call it a funk. I call it "Relaxing" with a very busy life. ((HUGS))

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

May 11th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I am glad that I am not the only one. He made me feel like I am in this "funk"... I do battle w/ some depression/anxiety, and I do take stuff for that, but I don't feel any different than I have been. Just busy & tired.

May 11th, 2009, 01:08 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
I feel like that too. If we are not at therapy, doctor appointments, etc. I would rather just lounge around the house. Besides the fact that I am so behing in my house work. It's tiring doing all that running every day. I don't have as many appointments as some of you do but what I do, do is exhausting. I would much rather sit in the back yard, let the kids play and relax, than be out and about.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
May 18th, 2009, 10:59 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I have depression/anxiety issues, too, so I worry about this. In a way, I feel like I'm in a funk, but in other ways, I don't really see what can change right now. If I'm at home, I'm busy-I forget to shower, eat, pee, etc. If I have to go out, I have to plan in advance-a 2 year-old who doesn't want to be in the shopping cart, but also doesn't listen to "keep up" and "come on," a baby who's cognitively his age (1), so wants to be up and moving and doing stuff, but can't, so I have to hold him. Frankly, going out for "fun" requires so much planning that it's almost not fun anymore. We have to, though-we live in an apartment with no green space, nowhere to play, so trips to the park are musts! After all that, on top of appointments, trying to make sure we're home at the right times for therapies and such...well, I don't really have time/desire to shower, either. Maybe it will change for all of us one day, but in the meantime, I'm glad that we understand each other!
May 18th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkc View Post
Frankly, going out for "fun" requires so much planning that it's almost not fun anymore. We have to, though-we live in an apartment with no green space, nowhere to play, so trips to the park are musts! After all that, on top of appointments, trying to make sure we're home at the right times for therapies and such...well, I don't really have time/desire to shower, either. Maybe it will change for all of us one day, but in the meantime, I'm glad that we understand each other!
You hit it on the nail! It requires more planning, and it's not fun anymore.

Do you know what is truly sad? My DS, Cooper, he LOVES to go to the doctors and that's b/c he gets to go "bye-bye"... he loves it. It's sad but the thought of leaving my house w/ the kids, the planning, the amount of stuff to pack, it's all so overwhelming. I have my 17 mos. old who naps in the afternoon, can't do anything then. I can't do anything in the later part of the day, my DS gets home from school, homework & baseball games/practices. I have to go someplace that has a CLEAN bathroom since Cooper's potty-training which is hard to do since he only likes HIS potty, not a bathroom, I end up having pee all over the place .

My day, in order to do anything constructive, I'd have to be out of my house, dressed/showered & kids fed & what not before 9am, I can't do that, it's virtually impossible & a waste of time. I feel as you said, like it's not fun anymore.

May 19th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Tara0906's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am the same way.

May 19th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to love going out, but even before the SN came up, since the twins were born it's been exhausting going out with 5 kids. Now, it's WAY to much, I avoid it at all costs, taking Grier out especially so soon after surgery, and I can barely be on my feet for 20 minutes before I'm so extremely sore I can't move.
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search