Speech Eval for the District Today for Layne

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
They came to the house today to do his speech eval because the eval his therapist did the state doesnt recognize, so he had to be evaled again. So anyway, she finds basically the same thing as every other eval has, and the same thing we all know is going on. BUT, then she starts talking about how it will easily be fixed and by Kidnergarten he should be back to "normal". Now mind you that she has none of his medical history, has never asked what might have caused his delays or anything like that. So she really knows nothing other than the 20 minutes she has spent with him.

So I bring up with the Dev Ped said on friday about it being cognitive and also about what our MRI's have read. You will never guess what this woman said to me. "well i have been doing this for 20 years and I think there is nothing wrong with him except for a motor planning delay" OMG, are you kidding? I deal with the head Neurologist in one of the top hospitals in the country who has been a DOCTOR for 30 years. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about.

So anyway, I have all of the other evals to take to our IEP next friday, so that I make sure all the info is given about him so that he can get all the services he needs. It seems sometimes that they are already trying to discharge him from special ed before he gets even one day of services. Super frustrating. The only good part is that I know we are not stopping his private therapies so at least I know he will be getting at least the same care and not anything worse.

If you read this all, thanks, it got windy, but i needed to vent a little about it. Hope you understand

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
May 12th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
She sounds like a know-it-all, just like the EI coordinator that told me Ava had CP and will need a trach to progress (she no longer works for EI, ironically). I ignore them. Ask her where she got her license to practice medicine? Is she with help me grow?

Sorry you have to deal with people like her. Although it would be wonderful if he was caught up by kindergarden, it was wrong for her to spout off unrealistic things. She should familiarize herself with his medical records before saying a word. ((Hugs))

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
May 12th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not with Help me grow, I kicked them out of my house 2 years ago because they were condesending and weren't helping anyone. We try to stay away from state stuff as much as possible, but the neurologist wants him in a special ed preschool in the fall, and frankly we cant afford anything but district run programs. This woman is with our school district, but it's my understanding that she wont be his regular speech therapist at school, so at least thats a plus

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search