Hi, im new here

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Tara0906's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My name is Tara. I am 24 years old and mommy to Justin (6 1/2), Nathen (5) and Chloe (18 months). I am also a SAHM.
My son Justin was diagnosed with mild Cerebral Palsy at the age of 2. He also has ADHD.
He is in a mainstream 1st grade class and makes all A's & B's. He is an excellent reader! We are sooo proud of him!

We deal mostly with a lot of different sensory issues (food is a huge deal). He is currently in ST and has mastered everything except the R's and TH's. Also in PT to learn more about how to walk more efficiently and body awareness. Also am looking into horse riding for the summer.

Umm thats about it. I am looking fwd to meeting some new mommies!!

May 14th, 2009, 10:32 AM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
Hello & welcome! I think you will find the ladies here very helpful & supportive.

My name is Stacy. I am Mommy to Andrew 2.5 & Luke who will be one in 2 weeks. Luke was born with Down syndrome & has had open heart surgery.

Jump right in!!!!

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

May 14th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome Tara! I'm Alex, mommy to Mady (9), Connor (5), Mason (angel), Taylor (3), twins Grier and Chandler (14 months) and baby Evalyn due in July.

I'm pretty new to this board as well, we just found out about my daughters illness. My daughter, Grier, recently had her colon removed and is on a permanent ileostomy. We are looking toward more surgeries over the years, but are hoping this takes care of the major problems.

It sounds like your son is doing well with his CP. Animals are amazing therapy tools. I wish you all the best, and welcome to the group!
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com

May 14th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Hi and welcome!!
Your son seems to be doing so well, which is great!! I can't wait to get to know you. It sounds like you have done an amazing job getting your son the care he needed.

My name is Hope, Mommy to Dakota (9), Christian (4), and Ava (1). Christian is delayed (but catching up!) and Ava is thought to have a syndrome, not yet dx'ed. She has a few congenital defects and upper airway problems.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
May 14th, 2009, 12:11 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Welcome. It sounds like you are doing an excellent job with your son.
My name is Linda, mommy to Alex (4), Katie (3), and Aiden (3.5 months). Alex has autism, Katie (who is my niece that I am raising) has FAE (fetal alcohol effects), Aiden has toricollis and plagiocephaly.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
May 14th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Hello all!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

May 14th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Hey Tara I didn't realize that you had some SN issues at all. You never really talk about it on the PR board. I wish I had known.

It's ironic that you're talking about huge food issues. T.T. (LO) also has some, at a 7 mos. old level & is starting OT this month. Cooper, which is the reason I joined the SN board, is low-hypotonia, torticollis, born deaf, developmental delay (at a 17 mos. old level and he just turned 3), we do lots of therapy. The list goes on.
My DSS has ADHD, but I don't deal directly w/ his issues other than picking up his Rx's & paying for them & then dealing w/ him at home when he visits since he lives w/ his bio-mom. But I know what it's like to have a child have ADHD around the house & how it can be stressful. Cooper also has undiagnosed seizure episodes, again, I've talked about it on the PR board, but in case you missed that, that's something we're having a BIG problem w/ right now.

I am also a SAHM, I am also handicap, been since 2002 legally speaking but all of my life I've had the disabilities. I don't feel different unless it comes up. I don't talk about it either really since my kids are my focus & my handicap is all I've ever known.

I'm overwhelmed a lot the boys, being a SAHM, all the doctor's apts, it can get to you sometimes. Today was one of those "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE" days... that sometimes I have.

I am so glad you came on here. Obviously it's not something we want is for our kids to have disabilities, but it's a great board. The ladies here are amazing & so sweet. I am lucky to have found it.

I feel horrible that I never knew this info about your kids before. You're one of my favs on the PR board & all this time I never knew. I am sorry if I missed your posts about it, I hope you don't think I was being insensitive.

Any ways. Welcome to the board.

Chantelle

May 14th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Hey Tara I didn't realize that you had some SN issues at all. You never really talk about it on the PR board. I wish I had known.

It's ironic that you're talking about huge food issues. T.T. (LO) also has some, at a 7 mos. old level & is starting OT this month. Cooper, which is the reason I joined the SN board, is low-hypotonia, torticollis, born deaf, developmental delay (at a 17 mos. old level and he just turned 3), we do lots of therapy. The list goes on.
My DSS has ADHD, but I don't deal directly w/ his issues other than picking up his Rx's & paying for them & then dealing w/ him at home when he visits since he lives w/ his bio-mom. But I know what it's like to have a child have ADHD around the house & how it can be stressful. Cooper also has undiagnosed seizure episodes, again, I've talked about it on the PR board, but in case you missed that, that's something we're having a BIG problem w/ right now.

I am also a SAHM, I am also handicap, been since 2002 legally speaking but all of my life I've had the disabilities. I don't feel different unless it comes up. I don't talk about it either really since my kids are my focus & my handicap is all I've ever known.

I'm overwhelmed a lot the boys, being a SAHM, all the doctor's apts, it can get to you sometimes. Today was one of those "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE" days... that sometimes I have.

I am so glad you came on here. Obviously it's not something we want is for our kids to have disabilities, but it's a great board. The ladies here are amazing & so sweet. I am lucky to have found it.

I feel horrible that I never knew this info about your kids before. You're one of my favs on the PR board & all this time I never knew. I am sorry if I missed your posts about it, I hope you don't think I was being insensitive.

Any ways. Welcome to the board.

Chantelle

May 14th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Hi Chantelle

I don't think I have mentioned it much on the other board. I do not feel like I know the girls very well to go in to all my issues. KWIM? I just post about Chloe and try to make it an "out" when im on there. I have come to realize I could really use some friends, points of views and support from other mom's with sn kids. I don't have many friends in rl.

I know how you feel. Ever since Justin was 18 months old-3 years old we went 2 times a week to therapy in Sarasota. About a 45 min drive there and then 45 min back for an hour therapy. Then the rest of the days were spent home doing therapies or at Dr.'s. Its very exhausting and I am so happy that part of it is over. I am so happy we did it though because I don't think he would be making the strides he is today if we didn't work with the great therapist early on.

Justin is now in school recieves some group therapy there and I take him only 1 time a week to private ST and PT closer to home. Anyways though....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search