MRI NOT today!-So angry

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2009, 11:47 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
We've been waiting for this. I just got a call from the MRI department that they *JUST NOW* realized that Milo needs sedation, so they can't do it in the time slot he was supposed to be in. JUST NOW REALIZED. They've had 2 weeks and 2 confirmations!!! We now have to wait until June 24th...seriously. I'm sobbing and soooo angry. Totally unlike me, but I'm so ready to call back and scream at the woman. Maybe go down there and scream at her. Do they not realize what has to be pushed around and cancelled for this? A quick, Sorry, we'll reschedule...NOT sufficient. I'm so angry. I usually take "sorry" quickly and easily, but there's NO EXCUSE for this. I've already paid someone (no one else can do it) to watch Kannon. Paid half, non-refundable. I cancelled a bunch of other stuff today and tomorrow so that he could have this done. He's getting worse, and now we have to wait over a month?

Sorry. I would go on, but I can't see the screen from crying. I'm so angry. Did I mention that? I feel powerless right now.
May 18th, 2009, 12:52 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
I am so sorry you are going through this. But seriously I would be so angry too.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
May 18th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
I'd be ticked off too. I don't know what it is with the MRI people, but Ava's was rescheduled 4 times in less than a week. All for similar reasons as you. Luckily we still got an appt the same week. They had her under a time for sedation, but she had to have GA which takes longer.

I know for a fact that they do have MRI appts they keep open for when they (doctors) need answers fast. I'd call Radiology and ask (assertively) for one of those appts. ((Hugs)) I'm so sorry! If that doesn't work, maybe calling the referring doc (in tears) might speed things along. KUP!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!

Last edited by Ditzzy; May 18th, 2009 at 01:42 PM.
May 18th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
I am sorry that happened. I mean, trying to get things in order, planning something & waiting for a test & then to be told "sorry, not today"....it's hard. I've had those moments, yelling, demanding, freaking out. Especially as you said, getting confirmations, calls, papers etc. BTDT

I know w/ Cooper, when it came to his MRI, he had to be under GA completely. When he had his CT-Scan, he didn't need GA, but he needed to be sedated, and that was something they worked out that day. GA, if the doctor ordering the MRI didn't ask for it, not realizing that it was a child, that's the doctor's fault "OR" the doctor's assistant, the one drawing up all the paperwork for the scheduling secretary to set up the MRI date/time. Depends on who forgot what. Unfortunately, we end up flipping on the person who is on the phone or in person, who had/has nothing to do w/ making the mistake, but we can't help it. It's hard to be worried, then to have people screw it up, you end up loosing it. I relate 100%

I hope they get things in order for you & the MRI is scheduled in a timely manner.

BIG HUGS
Chantelle

May 18th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i agree with Hope, I would call his ped and have him call and say that waiting another month is too long and to get it together. I'm so sorry that you are STILL going through all of this.

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
May 19th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Tara0906's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally understand where you are coming from. I have gone through this myself and its very frustrating.

I would call the ped. office also have demand they try to speed up another MRI asap! Maybe you could call the head of radiology at the hospital and tell them you have to have another MRI before June 24th.

May 19th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry, thats really rotten! I agree with pps in calling the ped. I'm sorry you have to deal with this!
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com

May 19th, 2009, 01:19 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
OK, I am speechless! Wow! I am so sorry.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
May 19th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
she said last night that she had a follow up with the ped for something else today, so i have been waiting not so patiently for an update.

come on jess!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Blog
May 19th, 2009, 03:25 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
LOL Thank you, ladies! It's nice to know that I'm not crazy for being angry or worried!!! Maybe for other reasons, but not for this.

I DID go to the doc this morning. Milo's ears checked out ok, with maybe a little scarring, which we sort of expected. The doctor was NOT happy about the MRI-left the room quickly, then remembered to come back to tell us that she was calling. LOL No answer, but she'll call back. I did get a call from the sedation nurse, who said that Milo's specific problems will require GA, so we have to go that route. She said that they can generally get kids in more quickly, too, and maybe since Milo's problems are more immediate, and not just for a check-up, that it may be a top priority, to move into one of the earlier slots! YAY! So, keep crossing your fingers for him! If it's not a pituitary issue, then I'm glad that we'll rule it out sooner rather than later, but if it is, then we can move on to treatment, I hope!

Still angry. I don't want to be. I'm not an angry person, but the person who called yesterday was the person I confirmed with a week and a half ago!!! I had to give her Milo's birthdate, I mentioned sedation again, his age again, and even asked about GA. Soooo...no excuse! I don't mind real mistakes, but feeling like someone isn't really listening to you, especially when it comes to your kid's health...grrrrrrrr.
May 19th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
((Hugs)) I'd be mad too. I really hope they can get him in soon! KUP!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
May 19th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you said something today. And dont worry about being mad, sometimes anger gets more results than anything. I bet they will get him in a lot quicker now. KUP!!!

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search