today at school.......

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Tara0906's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today I was waiting for Justin on parent pick up. I noticed the boy he usually walks with was walking alone and instantly I got worried that I didn't see Justin. So, about 10 mins later I waved down a staff member and said that I didn't see my son and that the other children from his class came out over 10 mins ago and it was the older grades now walking out to parent pick up (they dismiss by gradres)
The guy I was talking to said he would look for him. I was so upset and all I could think of was he wondered off or his bio father abducted him or he fell and was hurt bad. I am such a worrier and I was so upset at this point. I was going to get my 2 other kids out of the car and go look myself. ( I always think the craziest worse things and panic)A few more mins. passed and FINALLY Justin came out with his teacher.
The aide in his class gave Justin 4 school books to take home. The backpack was about 30 pounds..maybe heavier!!!! So, when Justin was walking the teacher told me he toppled over and fell over head first on the sidewalk.
I KNOW the aide had good intentions buuut Justin has been in class with her for 2 years and she knows his special needs. For the life of me I don't understand WHY she would put those many books in his backpack! Its a known fact he has balance issues, low muscle tone, walks with an abnormal gait. *sigh* ( It was too heavy for even a child with out sn to carry)
I guess this is just another accident to add to the list of people expecting too much from Justin and thinking he can do more then he is capable of.
Anyways, I was just so scared those few mins I didn't know where he was and KNEW something happened. My heart fell to my stomach. He is ok, there is no visible bump but he says his head is hurting.

Last edited by Tara0906; May 20th, 2009 at 02:47 PM.
May 20th, 2009, 04:57 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Oh my gosh!!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
May 20th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
I'd call and tell whoever is in charge that if they want him to bring all those books home, they need to carry them to your car for him. I'm sorry hon, I'd be upset too!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
May 20th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How completely ridiculous. I'm so sorry that happened. I would say something to administration about it for sure

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
May 21st, 2009, 07:23 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Wow. Did you talk to anyone about it? I'd be afraid that it would just keep happening until/unless you say something! I'm so sorry!!!
May 22nd, 2009, 07:50 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
That is EXACTLY what I hate about the school stuff... they "should" realize things, but they don't, they think "oh, he looks fine"... & then do stuff like that & hurt the children. Ticks me off. Sorry. I feel you, I'd be angry.

Sorry you had to go through that.

May 22nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
~~~Sara~~~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I'm so sorry, I hope his head feels better and you can speak to the school about limiting the weight in his backpack.

May 22nd, 2009, 11:23 AM
When the teacher came out to parent pick up you could tell she was p-off. She spoke to the aide. I didn't say anything to her directly.
ahhh only 4 more days of school left

May 22nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
LOL

Hope the last 4 days are uneventful!
May 22nd, 2009, 12:50 PM
Me too!!!!!

Its just an never ending battle with the school.

May 22nd, 2009, 04:11 PM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
That is ridiculous.

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search