IEP went better than expected

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2009, 04:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Layne starts special ed preschool in the fall. Walking out the door now for a night out with the hubby, I'll give more details later

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
May 22nd, 2009, 05:01 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
That's great that the IEP is better than expected. I can't wait to hear details. Have fun with your hubby!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
May 22nd, 2009, 05:12 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Hooray!!! Sounds like a great start to the weekend...and summer and on!

Have fun with DH!
May 23rd, 2009, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He will be going to the same school that my oldest goes to, so we are happy about that. Originally they were talking about busing him across town, but we werent down for that at all. Finally the stupid speech therapist changed her tune about his progress. If you remember she had said he would be "better" in 6 months or so. Well now they are talking years, like all of his docs are talking. He will go 10 hours a week to school, and will get the maximum hours of speech and ot while he is there.

These were all the thing we wanted, and were ready to fight for, but it wasnt necessary to fight at all. They had already decided them before we walked in the door. So we will keep doing our private therapies and he will start in the fall.

The only "bad" thing about the whole situation is that I was hoping to go back to school full time in the fall too, but it looks like at least another year before that happens since he will only be going to school monday-thursday for 2 1/2 hours a day. But I think I am going to go part time to transistion myself back in

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search