EEG hair!

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy

I had to take a pic of this before her bath. That wax had her hair sticking up all over. LOL

Does anyone know what the purple stuff is that they put on with a q-tip before they put the wires on her head (with wax)? I think it was glue? She's having a reaction to it now. Everywhere they put that stuff, her head is bright red, even though you can't tell in the pic. It just keeps getting redder as time goes by. I've washed it 5 times.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!

Last edited by Ditzzy; May 28th, 2009 at 05:20 PM.
May 28th, 2009, 07:36 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Adorable! Though, she doesn't look like she thinks so. LOL

I think that the glue is called collodion glue...I think. I used tea tree extract/oil on my face (could have used conditioner with it on my hair, but didn't) for the redness-it seemed to help a little, but really just went away after a couple of days. I think that many people turn red (including Milo and me!), with the combination of the irritation of just having something put on your skin and something the adhesive in the glue. Does Ava seem bothered by it? If so, I'd call them-they may have another trick for you...but the oil does soothe! (A lot of other oils may work, too, I just haven't tried them!)

I love that pic!

And did you get back the results yet???
May 29th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Thanks for replying! No, it doesn't bother her. We'll get the results next week, hopefully. I'll try the oil you mentioned, Thanks so much!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
June 3rd, 2009, 11:56 AM
onetoughmamma's Avatar Member
Boy, I remember those EEG's. I have two daughters who have epilepsy. One outgrew it(she's 13) and the other will be on Carbatrol or some other sort of anti seizure medication for the rest of her life. She won't outgrow hers. She has Sturge Weber Syndrome.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search