Head Shakes

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Claire has started shaking her head. She started a couple months ago and would only do it once or twice and we thought she was learning how to shake her head No. Yesterday she did it several times. She only does it when she is tired. She did it several times today and it got worse as the day went on. She was doing it during dinner and it continued to get worse the closer to bedtime.

Does anyone know what this is? With her history of seizures it makes me nervous. I think I'm going to call her pediatrician tomorrow. I videotaped it and I know he will most likely say we need to get in contact with her neurologist. You all know, it is just so frustrating when so many things are going right and then you get knocked back again.
September 15th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Without seeing it firsthand, I'd wonder if she's just trying to keep herself awake. My DS used to do that when he was fighting sleep. But, I agree that if she has a history of seizures, better get it checked out.

KUP!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
September 15th, 2009, 03:03 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I'd keep an eye on it. Danny did a head shake for quite a while, and it was just him being playful, but we did wonder about seizures at first. The one thing to watch for, we were told, is what his eyes are doing. Are they engaged, or are they rolling back during the shaking?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
September 15th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We went to the regular pediatrician today because she had her 9 month well baby check. I had a video of it and she said that she thinks it might be seizures because her left arm goes straight and stiff (I didn't notice it until she pointed it out while watching the video). Her neurologist is out of town until Thursday but I was able to email the video to him. He most likely will do another EEG. I am wondering if he will move her MRI that she was supposed to have at 1 year up as well.
September 16th, 2009, 09:29 PM
~~~Sara~~~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I hope you get some answers! Carter shakes his head no a lot, but he doesn't know it's "no" so I'm not sure what it's all about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search