Milo's evaluations

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2009, 01:02 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Milo had his yearly Early Intervention evaluation last Wednesday. No news we WEREN'T expecting. He's ahead cognitively and with fine motor, but his speech and gross motor are way down...like, not even up to a year. Again, we expected that. We're worried more because he's had a lot of regression in many skill sets with no progress after that. Seems like a cognitive decline. (But we're sending everything to that neuro institute to see if they think that HH is interfering.) Overall, though, they're impressed that he's made it as far as he has. So are we. Lots of work to do, but luckily, we like these people.

Side note: the toys they have for the rainy day indoor playground-OMG! I want those! Especially the giant ball pit and tree-shaped playhouse!

We have a PT eval this Friday to get Milo started in that. I hear that the therapist is very nice and very good, so I'm looking forward to it. More home visits=motivation to keep our house clean. That's the added benefit.

Milo has a terrible cough and has been irritable, but no fever. We're hoping that it's just a cold settled in his chest a little.

The really good news: I've had trouble getting our ped switched, but the case coordinator at the EI place thinks that she may have an "in" with a doc to get us in! YAY! And they're going to put us on the waiting list for respite care. DH and I have been alone exactly one time since we had Kannon (3 years), and that was last year on DH's birthday-to the dollar theater and back! LOL The person would take Milo AND Kannon, would have special training, etc., AND WOULD TAKE THEM FOR A MINIMUM OF 4 HOURS! I'm so excited, I might pee myself. Could be a while, but just the thought that something like that could happen even once is exciting! YAY again!

There. I think that was a fairly positive post. LOL I'm going to leave all the bad stuff out because we're trying really hard at this point to deal with the bad and celebrate the good. LOL

I'll also try to post Halloween pics tomorrow or the next day!
November 2nd, 2009, 05:06 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
I'm so glad for the respite care! That's great! And also getting the ped switched.
I always dread IFSP time (Ava's is tomorrow). Weekly PT has turned out to be a godsend for Ava. I hope it is for Milo too!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
November 2nd, 2009, 08:00 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Aw! Good luck tomorrow to Ava! I LOVE that she's making progress!!! We definitely hope that they come out for Milo. He's been using his hands to pull his leg, he drags that foot, and he definitely looks like he's having a hard time with balance due to leg-length difference. I expect great things from PT.

I have calls in to the potential ped. Wish us luck!
November 3rd, 2009, 06:55 AM
stacyp's Avatar Mommy to Andrew & Luke
Good luck & KUP!!!!!

Thanks Yvonne (Jaidynsmum) for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search