Snow an issue?

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
So Cooper is still not a steady child on his feet around the house w/ no socks on. You put the best Elephanten or Ecco brand shoes on him, he still trips on the grass or ground. I have boots, good quality again, he's fallen flat on his butt & face already just walking 20 feet to the car, it that for distance. Because of this, he has not gone outside to play in the snow. I cannot b/c of my personal handicap, I can't walk w/ out cane, nevermind in the snow. My DS T.T. (just turned 2) has also yet to play in the snow, but it's not b/c of anything medical that he can't. I just can't bring him out there alone. DH works late nights/hours, and never has time to bring the babies outside, just even for a minute or two. I feel bad, they all have the gear, but have yet to play in the snow, that's what kids do, is play outside in the snow. I feel like the worst parent ever, which I know I'm not, but I don't have the ability to bring them out. How can I make their childhood better when I can't do it myself? Same w/ the parks & stuff, I can't run after them (cane) so if they were to do something that could hurt them, or fall down or run off, I couldn't catch them in time.

Any one else have this issue? I just feel so bad that my kids aren't outside enjoying life as they should be. It's not an excuse either. I just don't have the physical capability to bring them out. I see all these pix of kids in the snow that are 2 & 3 like my LO's, yet mine are staring outside instead of being outside. This make's me sad.

December 29th, 2009, 10:12 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Danny's not been out int he snow either, but being so young it's not a huge deal to him. He's not a very steady kid - whether because of his rolling ankles or just the family's genetic lack of coordination, who knows, LOL. Either way, he gets excited, tries to run, and inevitably falls down...and I don't really want his processors or anything to get wet, nor so I feel like chasing him around outside when he can't hear me. Soooo, we hang out inside, and big brother goes outside with one parent or the other.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 29th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Well at least I am not the only one in this situation. I feel like the worst mother ever but it's hard, I don't want Cooper to get hurt b/c he is excited & running too fast & then I can't help b/c I am crippled as it is w/ my issues. KWIM? I'd be heart broken if he got hurt & it was b/c I was outdoors & unable to run to get to him in time. On the flip, my 2 year old, no issues & I know that he would be great in the snow. So I feel badly for him. My 9 year old goes out w/ out me, that's okay, he plays in the backyard & we're okay w/ that. My 12 year old (step-son) doesn't live w/ me/us so that's an issue that I don't have to deal w/ in this case.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search