Joey's PET scan results....

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 08:35 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Joey had PET scans monday. A PET scan will show the difference between active disease, dead tumor, and scar tissue. He also had a CT done at the same time. There were only 2 things I wanted to see on the PET scan. A hot spot in Joey's pituitary gland which would tell me its functioning correctly and he has not developed Diabetes Insipidus and no hot spots anywhere else which would tell me there was no active disease.

The doctor came in and sat down and told me he wanted to discuss the PET CT results with me.

I prepared for the worst at this point. The last time a doctor sat down and said they wanted to discuss results was the day we were told Joey would go to salvage.

He then tells me that the CT scan picked up tiny nodules in his lungs less than a cm each. However these are unchanged from last scans. Last scans we determined these were scar tissue. But the PET scan showed no hot spot in these spots, so this confirmed these are JUST scar tissue. He is still No Active Disease... solid remission.

So at this point I am thinking he lost the hot spot in his pituitary. And I am preparing to talk about DVAP, which is a hormone used to treat DI.

I asked, very weakly "What about his pituitary, please tell me this showed as a hot spot?"

And he replies "Mrs. Born, your son is fine, the hot spot is still there. Today I am blessed to be able to tell you that we believe he has beat this disease and will not have any major lasting effects of histiocytosis."

So today we celebrate!
January 28th, 2010, 07:26 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Oh my gosh!!!! I am thrilled - beyond thrilled - to hear this news and can't imagine what a feeling it must have been to hear those words.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
January 28th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
OMG I'm THRILLED!!

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
January 28th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
oh my I am about to cry!! I am so happy for you and Joey! I pray he stays in remission for EVER!!!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

January 28th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Veteran
I got chills...that is soo amazing. What a blessing!!!

Thanks Mary for the amazing PR Siggy

Thanks MamaLacey for the wonderful siggy!

February 1st, 2010, 11:20 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
OMG.... what a relief. Thank God for prayers & Joey's strong will along w/ your strength. You guys are fighters & I'm so happy to see that things are at a place where you want to celebrate, how nice.

God is good.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search