New here

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to momwithsmiles
Hello ladies just wanted to stop in and say hello. My name is Amber and i have 3 kids 2 with special needs. First is my almost 10 year old son Brandon who has ADHD. Finally with the right meds on board he is able to function in school and do better. He gratuated out of PT, OT, and speech this year and is doing great! I also have a 4.5 year old son who at the moment has no issues. And then i have a beautiful 8 year old daughter with down syndrome, who has a ton of health issues. I will try to give you the short run down verson. lol. she has had 2 open heart surgeries, Gerd so bad she has a feeding tube also because to aspiration, oxygen dependent, bypap at night with O2, asthma, allergies, very low muscle tone, cognitive delays, tracheomalacia, and was on ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation) last year. We live in and out of the hospital a lot, but for what its all worth i would not change my life or give up any of my kids.. i love them all..Just wanted to give a little back story and say hello and look forward to chatting with you all.

February 12th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
aww well bless your heart!! WElcome to hte boards!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

February 15th, 2010, 08:01 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
WELCOME! Sorry-it takes me a while to be able to get on here.

Congratulations to Brandon for making such huge strides-way to go! Sounds like you've been through the mill with Makayla's health problems, too. I'll bet she's a trooper like her mama. I hope that at least a few of her issues are being resolved with some of these visits!

Again, welcome! I look forward to getting to know you!

Oh, and I'm Jessica, mom to 2 boys, Kannon (non-SN) and Milo (SN).
February 20th, 2010, 08:50 PM
bizziebeemommy's Avatar Veteran
hello and welcome. We have five children, and 2 w/ special needs. My oldest bonus son has CP, and has numerous seizure's weekly. Our youngest son is visionally impaired due to Albinism, and is also on the Autism spectrum. Every day can be a challenge sometimes, but I could not imagine life any other way.

February 21st, 2010, 05:30 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Welcome Amber, I am Chantelle... you came to the right place, lots of love & support on this board. I have never had a bunch of strangers care so much for my children & their health than on this board.

You sound like a strong woman, which comes w/ the territory of being a nurse/mommy w/ special needs kids.

I have 4 boys, 1 has ADD/12, another has ADHD/ODD & Mood-Disorders/9 (he's in both counseling bi-weekly & sees a psychologist monthly), another has allergies & feeding issues (refuses to eat & is still on Alimentum formula, OT/PT) he is 2, then my 3 (almost 4 year old ) is the one w/ the majority of the problems. Born deaf, then torticollis, low-hypotonia, fine & gross motor delay, developmental delay, tourettes which is new, like w/ in the last month, he's on his 11th procedure/surgery, and has OT/PT & Speech (EIP in the public schools now since he's over 3). Yes, I have all boys. I can relate to a lot of what you are going through, actually, all of the ladies here have a different story to tell but their goals are the same, to live a normal life, provide for their SN's child(ren) & make sure they get the best care ever. We all struggle w/ the highs & the lows, which is what makes this board so special. Everyone is on the same roller-coaster of emotions together. We can all support & pray for one another to be strong for the moments that seem so grave.

I look forward to getting to know you.
(((HUGS)))
~C

February 25th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to momwithsmiles
Thank you very much ladies. I really look forward to getting to know you all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search