Sorry for being MIA, new diagnosis & surprise

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
First I wanted to say "Happy Valentines Day" to my gals here on JM...

Sorry for being M.I.A. but I have had an eventful week & it's been non-stop.

On Tuesday night, I spent the entire night in the ER w/ Cooper, long story but just serious & that was & has been difficult, I was back at Children's yesterday b/c it's still not resolved, basically, Cooper can add Tourette's syndrome to his list of problems, very unexpected. He started w/ involuntary eye twitching, then his face would jerk & then he's making a cliquey sound when his face jerks around. Prior to yesterday's diagnosis, they thought it was more serious, did a CT on him to rule out anything horrible. Not that his diagnosis is great, but it's not deadly.

Then... Wednesday morning, I was given my "early" Valentines' present from my DH. He & Becca (yes, my friend from JM) had been planning to fly her into Boston to spend time w/ us for a week b/c the last time she visited, she was caring for me from my major surgery. I was floored. They had me fooled big time. DH walked in the door early on Wednesday and I was on the phone w/ Becca's DH (he was in on it too, the story they had going really threw me off)... so following my DH, Becca walked in, I was in denial & then my DS said "Becca!" and ran to her & I was like "OMG...shut up! how did you? when?"...
Long story short, Becca is still here, and we're all going out for VDay dinner tonight at the North End. I've been spending quality time w/ her & taking care of my DS' medical issues.

That's my updates & I wanted to make sure you guys didn't think I disappeared or didn't care. I will be back ASAP so I can really take the time to read the posts/threads & respond. In the mean time, I'll be hosting Becca at my house until Wednesday night when she has to fly back home.

Hope everyone is well...

February 13th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
so sorry about your sons new diagnosis. You are right that it is good its nothing deadly. I just saw a special on this, it was about a summer camp with kids and their family. Those kids were so strong and had to endure so much. Very inpsirational. Ok sorry not that that has anything to do with what you are going through lol

glad your hubby surprised you with such a great gift!!!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

February 15th, 2010, 07:03 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Have fun with Becca! And although Cooper's new diagnosis sucks, I guess at least you can take a little relief in it not being deadly, like you said. I hope that he's doing well otherwise.
February 18th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
He is doing okay, he isn't bothered by it & he doesn't seem to be in any pain. Apparently the only time they consider a medication is if the jerks that happen cause physical pain to the child/person "or" it becomes a social issue that other children are making fun of the child/adult in that they want to help them cope. Right now, I've opted for no medication, if he showed me signs of pain, then that would be a different story, but as of now, I see no reason(s) to do that to him on top of the rest of his PT/OT/Speech issues and other medications for his seizures. I hate putting my kids on anything unless it's very necessary.

Becca just left last night, we dropped her off at the airport. It was a nice visit. Back to the old grind, no more excuses to do nothing b/c of company.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search