What's the good word, ladies?

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2010, 06:14 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I've been lurking but haven't been posting as much lately... I think most of us are in that boat these days! How are you? How are your LOs?

We are doing well. Danny is about to turn 2, and is currently obsessing with trying to walk up and down the stairs, which between his being so short and his low muscle tone is entertaining and hair raising at the same time! He wants to do it himself SO badly though, so I spend a lot of time right in front of or behind him encouraging him along. He just had a great booth test for his hearing, so even though he's still not really talking much he's listening and understanding more every day. I think we are finally starting to pick up some new receptive language and get him interested. His neurologist last month said that he is about 9 months delayed, but progressing well still...I'll take that. LOL.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 1st, 2010, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
thats grreat the Danny is catching up so much right now!!! What a wonderful thing. Its funny wiht my first I appreciated those normal milestones but not to the extent I do with my youngest who is visually impaired. Which I am still trying to get over saying that she is visually impaired lol. UHG! these kids

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

March 1st, 2010, 08:58 AM
Ugh, I know! To this day I stutter sometimes saying that he is deaf, and then once I get over that, I have to go into the whole explanation of cochlear implants and how he can hear but that doens't make him NOT deaf...ugh. LOL. I definitely appreciate all the milestones SO much more with Danny too.

March 1st, 2010, 07:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
yes!!! I get it. lol She is not blind, but she is. She can only see about arms length. So I feel stupid when people start talking to her from 5 feet away, I'm like... um.. she can't see you

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

March 2nd, 2010, 05:23 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Joey is doing well. We are trying to get feeding team involved again since he is back on refusing to eat anything.
March 3rd, 2010, 01:30 PM
That sucks about his refusing to eat, but I'm glad Joey's doing well otherwise!

March 4th, 2010, 09:59 AM
wilkette's Avatar Member
Asher desperately wants to crawl. You can see it in his eyes - his strength just isn't quite there yet. He has a birthday party coming up, and I'm a little nervous about having all the "typical" kids there, that the party will become more about entertaining them than about Asher (since he can't even do most of the things a 2-year-old should be able to). At the same time I'm excited to celebrate his day with his Elmo party. We'll just have to see how it goes, I guess.

March 5th, 2010, 08:35 AM
I remember that "look," Cayla! Danny had the same one until he finally started crawling; he'd watch his brother, and all his age-level peers zipping around so intently. I hope the party goes well! We're keeping Danny's birthday really low key in part because he's not into the typical 2 year old stuff.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search