Sometimes, things just strike me...

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2010, 02:12 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I overheard some women talking at the park, and one of them was newly pregnant for the first time from the conversation. One of the other ladies said something like, "Don't worry - as long as you eat well and don't do anything to hurt yourself and the baby, everything will be fine!"

I had to wander away at that point... Oh, how I wish that was true! I wanted to break in and correct them, but that wouldn't accomplish anything but scaring them. And then I had to wonder, what did they think of me and Danny, with his cochlear implants announcing his disability to the world? Did they think I had done something purposefully to hurt him, that it was my fault?

Sigh.

I'm so glad I have you gals.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 7th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
It must be bliss to be so ignorant, right? *Hugs* I know how hard it must've been to walk away without saying something. Most parents of children with disabilities do not know what caused them.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
March 12th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
why do most women refuse to be honest with each other. The new mom was scared and she had every right to be. Why do we feel that sugar coating is best? The sugar coating is what makes the reality that much harder to deal with. I never say, do this or that and your baby will be fine, however I do say, no matter what happens it will be your baby and you will love them. Because to me that is reality

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
March 12th, 2010, 11:16 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I couldn't agree more! I always try to reassure people if their fears are general and tell them they're doing all they, and that they should focus on the fact that there is no reason to expect anything to go wrong - but never make promises, but surprises DO happen, you know? It just frustrates me how no one ever wants to acknowledge the truth, that pregnancy doesn't always mean a healthy, bouncy baby will be coming home.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 13th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I get that now. It almost makes me feel like "well geez maybe I should have done something differenet and Avery wouldn't have been born with cataracts" but in truth the only thting that could have prevented it was not having her in the first place. I would much rather have my baby with no vision not have her at all

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search