Lurkers!!

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Post here!! How is everything? Let's catch up!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
March 11th, 2010, 09:23 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
I wouldn't exactly call myself a lurker, I just havent' been on for a while. Alex started ABA therapy in Jan and it is going great. I couldn't be happier with his therapists. They are the best group of women and Alex adores them. He calls them all his buddies. He gets 25+ hours a week and though it suck being stuck at home, I am so not a homebody, it is well worth it to see Alex thrive.
He has been sick for the past two weeks. Last week he ended up with strep, with no symptoms but a fever, so he missed two days of school. Now this week it is a horrible cold. They started him on an inhaler and he missed the whole week of school. Today he started a fever and I have no idea what is causing it.
Aiden has been doing well. He finally started eating more. He has oral aversion and see's an OT bi-weekly. We found out that he is allergic to milk in Jan. even though he did fine on regular formula. No idea. So hopefully he outgrows it. He is showing signs of more sensory issue emerging as he is getting bigger. I am hopeful that he will overcome those, hopefully.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
March 12th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Things are okay I suppose. Cooper hasn't had ANY therapies since November when I had my surgery. The surgeon submitted a letter to the special needs dept requesting that all future apts be held at my home b/c of the medical needs of mine w/ my recovery. Not one person has showed up or come over. Then I called the other day to find out "where" or "why" & they said they needed another letter. Hmmmmm.. no you do not, you have one on file, my surgeon is out in California & wont return until May, which means I have no therapy for Cooper until May? when the school's out in June? How is this productive? It's not. My surgeon's associate said that they already submitted a letter in November, they're not doing another one b/c it's w/ in the year, after a year's time they would update it if they needed to but not now.

Cooper is doing okay, he still has a lot of low-tone & falling issues. Teighan still doesn't eat, and I don't know what's going on w/ that, his Alimentum formula (Rx approved) runs out in August so I need more info to have it re-approved, but I don't know anymore. I am still recovering & until I feel better, I can't be driving all over the world like I used too.

I guess you could say we're all in "neutral"...

March 13th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
teh school does his therapy and they don't come out to him???

We have therapy through mobility and vision education (also ECI) but they come out to us. Heck they even called uyesterday to see if they could watch her at church.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

March 13th, 2010, 11:42 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Ugh, what frustrating situations gals! We're starting to plan out Danny's transition to deaf school, and it's proving just endless for us. We have NO idea what will work for him... One school looks fabulous but they are pretty high pressure and there's a chance Danny would be too "slow" progressing for them...which just frustrates me to no end. They're here to help kids learn to talk, but they refuse to help those who need it most?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 13th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
to bad y ou don't live in my area. We hae a charter school that is for heatring impaird kids and family. they do except kids that are not as well though, so its a suppose to be a great learning place for all.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

March 15th, 2010, 08:15 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
We actually have 3 schools in the area for deaf/HOH kids...so we're pretty well off. I'm just frustrated by the attitude of the one. Thankfully we have options here in St. Louis and we aren't going to be without specialized schooling for him at all. I love that that school accepts hearing peers as well! That's a great way to do it, they're fabulous language models for the hearing impaired kiddos.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search