Share something great!

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2010, 11:20 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
What have been some of your SN child's/children's successes or achievements lately - any good news to share with us?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 13th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
ooh I have a good one!!

So dh was laid off from work, he has a new job now but we have no insurance for 90 days. Can't even begin to get COBRA. So Avery ius suppose to go to the eye doctor every month to check her eyes. Well they called last Tuesday to remind of us our appointment tomorrow. I told them we lost our insurance and I to cancel it. We also lost a contact 2 weeks ago and she HAS to have them. Well the appointment without insurance is $180, her ocntacts are $250 each. So I told them we needed to order a new contact though. So she says ok, she will let the nurse know about the contact and to call when we have insurance again.

They call back an hour later and she says "I told the Dr. you lost your insurance, he wants to see her anyways, he just won't charge!!" woohoo!!! So we go to the appointment and we get more good news!

Her contacts she has now are too strong for her now!! So she needs new ones, so yes its more we have to spend, but that means her eyes are getting stronger! We don't know what she will end up with in years to come but just knowing they are at least getting stronger now is a relief!! So she is now in a +21 lens. Yep +21!!! that gives her arms length vision.

So I tell him that I need the prescription because I can order her contacts for a bit cheaper on line and he tells me not to worry about that, he will charge me whatever it costs him to order them! So around 300 for BOTH!!! Awesome!

Thank God for her eyes getting stronger and thank God for this doctor!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

March 13th, 2010, 11:36 AM
OMG! That is some beyond wonderful news hon! I'm SO glad about her eyes...and that is one amazing doctor. WOW!

March 13th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
yep just amazing doc!!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

March 14th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I want to hear some others, ladies!!

Danny's great thing is that he's really starting to understand some language, and take true interest in it. For the longest time he seemed just not to care that much, you know? He's finally watching us when we talk, really closely, and picking up on things. It's not all we'd like it to be yet - my gosh, we are ready for a first word!!! - but Danny's shown us we need LOTS of patience, heh.

March 14th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
lol gotta love kids and how they teach us sometimes!!

I get what you mean, not about the first word, but for us it was smiling. Avery didn't show her first smile till almost 6 months and we just got our first laugh from her 2 days before she turned 8 months. It was just amainzg!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

March 15th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Aww, that is so sweet! I think we had to wait until around 4 months for Danny's first smile and it seemed like forever. I'll bet that was such an awesome feeling when you finally got it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search