Probiotics?

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Xx5Xy1+'s Avatar What's your superpower?
Hi ladies. I need to find a probiotic that is gluten free and lactose free. I'm asking here because this forum has more traffic than the food allergies board and I'm hoping you ladies will know.

My 3 1/2 year old has numerous food allergies along with cross overs, celiac disease, lactose intollerance and some mild sensory issues (which have drastically improved since going gluten free). I know there are more allergens than I have been able to identify, however when we had her tested, she was so sensitive that she even reacted to the negative control, so the tests were ruled inconclusive. I really want to boost her immune system so she can get healthier and stop catching every bug that goes around. Any suggestions? I need to find one that will ship to an APO address and still be good (so ones that must be kept cold even before opening aren't an option).

Thanks in advance.

Thank you 3Daughters for my AWESOME siggy!

Hoping to add a new member to our family through adoption in August 2011
~*~
I am a sleep deprived, pro-life, homebirth supporting, babywearing, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering, non-vaxing, attachment parenting, conservative thinking, Constitution defending, gun owning, Torah learning, US Army Veteran who is married to her hero... A US Army Soldier! If this offends you, then stop reading my signature!
March 31st, 2010, 07:08 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Hey hon, I'm glad you stopped in! Sounds like you definitely have your hands full, but I'm glad you're finding things that are helping. I didn't have any personal experience with this one, but I did some Google work and found this:

Buy Culturelle Probiotic All Natural Dairy & Gluten Free Vegetable Capsules Lactobacillus GG Online at drugstore.com

It stores at room temperature and says it's dairy and gluten free. Looks like it's also available on Amazon if that site won't ship to an APO address. I hope that helps!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
April 2nd, 2010, 03:33 PM
Xx5Xy1+'s Avatar What's your superpower?
Thanks! I'll definatly check them out!

Thank you 3Daughters for my AWESOME siggy!

Hoping to add a new member to our family through adoption in August 2011
~*~
I am a sleep deprived, pro-life, homebirth supporting, babywearing, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering, non-vaxing, attachment parenting, conservative thinking, Constitution defending, gun owning, Torah learning, US Army Veteran who is married to her hero... A US Army Soldier! If this offends you, then stop reading my signature!
April 3rd, 2010, 07:45 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Awesome, I really hope they work out... Please let us know if they do!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
April 6th, 2010, 07:08 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any advice about the probiotics - Kaiden's been on ThreeLac for awhile now, coming to the end of his program with that - but it doesn't say on the box gluten or lactose free.

I do suggest grapefruit seed extract given at the first sign of illness - viral or bacterial. It's not a one-dose wonder, you have to do a few doses but it really, really does work!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search