Pregnant mamas...check in with us.

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2010, 06:14 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I know we've got a few mamas who have another baby on the way - how are you feeling? Everything going well?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 31st, 2010, 08:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Aside from being tired everything is going really well so far. The last u/s showed everything is perfect despite first trimester surgery so hopefully we'll have a healthy little lady in August.

March 31st, 2010, 10:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
thats great that everything is going well.

and Oh GOD I hope not!!!! I don't want to be pregnant again!! lol

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

April 1st, 2010, 06:42 AM
So glad to hear all's going well with your baby girl!

And I'm in the "gosh, I hope not" crowd myself There are days I wish I could be pregnant again and get another chance, but, I soooo don't want a baby, haha.

April 5th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I'm fully prepared for the new baby; there is a lot to be done, but I'm not stressing out over it like I was with Jonah. I figure whatever doesn't get done now will get done once she is here and we'll make-do.

But I'm still feeling that overwhelming feeling I shared with you ladies when I first joined the board, about how am I going to do all of this. Jonah is taking a few steps, but still not walking, especially with his casts now. My belly has grown the last two weeks and so has Jonah (not to mention, he goes limp on his lower half now when I pick him up- his legs are complete dead weight) I can't even carry him up the stairs, and we have a LOT of stairs in our house. He knows how to go up and down them, but he is stubborn and won't always when I need him to. I'm absolutely relying on the stroller and the expectant mom's parking spaces when we go out. I can't even get him into the baby carrier by myself with the casts on. He just doesn't help at all, and the casts get stuck. I used to be able to just whip him right into it and off we'd go no problem. I hate the stroller.

I just don't know what I'm going to do with a two year old who can't walk and a baby and all of these appointments while I'm breastfeeding etc. It's going to be tough.

I don't mean to whine, but you asked LOL I am also very excited though. I'm very ready to meet her, but I'm patient enough to wait- still have a few more weeks, but sometimes I feel like if I walk too much she'll fall right out LOL She is low. I can't believe she is due NEXT MONTH woah

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 6th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Maybe something like this would work for him?

Combi Cosmo EX Stroller- Wasabi Noche - Combi International - Babies "R" Us

I don't know if they've changed it since I bought mine, but on the one I have the front bar can be swung out to make it easier to get a child in or out of it. It's also really light which can be a lot easier on the pregnant back.

April 6th, 2010, 06:21 AM
I think that's a great idea for the stroller, having a bar that can swing out! I'd go to a store and see if anyone can recommend a double stroller with that feature...it sounds like a double stroller is going to be a huge help in the long run. I'm a big fan of baby wearing, but that would be pretty difficult whenever you needed to pick up Jonah as well.

Hugs, hon!! I'd definitely be a little overwhelmed in your shoes as well, but I know you can do it. I wouldn't count out Jonah's walking either - I know right now it seems impossible, but it sounds like the casts are being a huge help, and I'll bet once he's able he will take off with it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search