Schedules and Calendars

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2010, 07:09 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I know for us, scheduling is crazy - simply crazy! How do you keep track of your schedule?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
April 2nd, 2010, 07:20 AM
I used to keep paper calendars, and frankly, they were everywhere - my house, my work, I even kept one in my car! The trouble though was that I could never get them lined up together, and updating 3 calendars was a pain in the butt.

I got an ipod touch (which is basically a PDA with music and movies) and OMG! I think having a calendar and address list on me is going to be the best thing ever; I seem to always be getting calls to schedule therapy and other appointments and having to call them back when I get to one place or another and can check a calendar.

April 6th, 2010, 06:09 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I live by post-it notes! They're everywhere!
April 6th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am at a loss for scheduling. I just know that one day I am going to drive to Bowling Green for OT only to get there and realize that I was actually suppose to be in Toledo for speech therapy, or the other way around LOL So far it hasn't happened!

Kel, I know what you mean about the ipod touch. My hubby got me an android eris phone for Christmas, and at first I was thinking "I don't need this phone, what a waste of money" (but of course I was sweet to him and said "thank you dear") But OMG, it has been SUCH a lifesaver for me! My gmail account is connected to my phone, so I get all my email, google maps, and google calander right there in my pocket. My phone has become my scheduling lifeline. It sends me notices 45 minutes ahead of time when I have an appointment on my calendar, so if I forget about one I have a reminder with enough time to throw a diaper bag together and head out. And when we need to schedule an appointment with someone I just whip it out and there is my whole calendar with the touch of a screen. I've used it to reference emails regarding appointments etc. It's great. The only thing about it is I get really annoyed with the way google calendar is set up. The layout of it seems all wrong to me, and I've had some hard times adding or changing appointments to the calendar. I'm thinking of looking for an app that is for scheduling; I know they're out there, I'm just too lazy to deal with it now.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 6th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I am lucky that all therapy comse to us and will until she is starting kindergarten. then I am not sure

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

April 7th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MomtoAnnaLise
This is a good thread to see! Our developmental center makes a print out each month for her upcoming appointments. I tend to carry it around in my purse and check it before scheduling anything else. I write any additional appointments on there. I need to do something on the computer because we'd have a big issue if I lost the printout.
April 7th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
I use my trusty appt book. Never leave home without it.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 7th, 2010, 04:19 PM
I tried a book, but never ended up bringing it with me when I needed to! I'll get calls at the most random times and places... Like the other day I was in JC Penney trying on swim suits and my phone rang in the dang changing room, LOL. But right there, in my purse beside me, was my calendar. Score. I love the reminders too!

I'm lucky enough to have therapy come to us too, but juggling work and home, that doesn't always make it easy, LOL.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search