Some GTKY questions!

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2010, 07:45 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I love our kiddos, but I want to get to know you gals better too! It's so nice to have other moms who "get it" to talk to...

Where are you from?
Where did you grow up?
Did you always want kids? How many?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
April 3rd, 2010, 09:38 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Where are you from? I was born in ohio.

Where did you grow up? i grew up in California! I miss it!

Did you always want kids? How many? I actually didn't want kids until I was older.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 4th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Where are you from? Maryland
Where did you grow up? Ohio
Did you always want kids? How many? Yes, at least 4.

April 5th, 2010, 06:50 AM
We have some movers... What moved both of you ladies out of state from where you grew up?

Where are you from? I'm from the St. Louis area
Where did you grow up? Edmonton, AB, Canada - how's that for a move? LOL
Did you always want kids? How many? Honestly...no, I didn't. I never really gave much thought to either getting married or having kids. This whole life I'm living took me by surprise, but I'm loving it!

As for my move, John's to blame. I met him online and moved to be with him!

April 5th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine's the same as yours. I met DH online. He's always lived in Maryland and there was work here. He was willing to move to Ohio so I wouldn't have to uproot my two oldest (he's their step-dad), but there's just no work there anymore. So the kids and I moved to Maryland and have never regretted it.

April 5th, 2010, 07:41 AM
It always amazes me how many people these days seem to have met their spouse online! It used to be so taboo and suddenly it's everywhere. I'm glad the move turned out well for you! Do you mind my asking what area of Maryland you're in? When I first moved down here, DH was working down on the military base on the Chesapeake in Southern MD. I only spent 8 months there, but it was a really beautiful place to be!

April 5th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Meeting online is a nice alternative to meeting them in a bar. At least to me. I've dealt with enough drunks, drug addicts, and all around bums that the usual places you meet people tended to give me a headache. We ended up meeting through a game we both played so it wasn't like we were even looking. How did you two meet online?

As for where we are, we're in northwest Maryland not too far from South Mountain. It's a really pretty area and the people seem nice. A definite change from the flat swamplands where I grew up!

April 5th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm in Ohio, born and raised. I'm one of the ones that got trapped here, cuz lord knows I've tried to leave SOOO many times LOL Anna, you're absolutely right. There is no work here at all, at least none that pays enough to live on. We got really lucky that DH found a good job in Toledo building websites. We moved from the poorest city in the state (Cleveland) to the second poorest (Toledo) Yessss! I really like it here though; as long as you aren't in the actual city that you associate with (we don't actually live in Toledo) and you're lucky enough to find a job that can support you, then it's pretty nice. Besides the winters... actually, okay, now I want to move LOL

I've always wanted kids, but when I was a kid everyone told me how much it hurt to have a baby. My mom was fertile murtle, and always pregnant, so I knew about the birds and the bees pretty early on. Everyone told me that I couldn't even stand to get a splinter in my finger, what would I do with a watermelon sized kid coming out of my hoo-ha (they weren't as graphic, but I got the point) So I came up with this big plan that I was going to adopt twins, a boy and a girl, and they were going to have red hair. I'm still open to adoption, but I've found that I can handle childbirth MUCH better than a splinter in my finger!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 6th, 2010, 04:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Splinters suck! Especially when they go in the wrong spot and then they sting and bleed and you can't get them out. Who needs them?

I actually lived not too far south of Bowling Green so we went to Toledo on a regular basis for the Franklin Park Mall (I refuse to use the new name ). We lived on a farm in the middle of nowhere though so going there was a bit overwhelming and the people scared the daylights out of me. Bowling Green wasn't too bad, but there wasn't much left when I moved and from what my uncle and brother have said it's only gotten worse.

April 6th, 2010, 07:24 AM
You know, I couldn't agree more... I'd take labor and delivery over a splinter any day, LOL! I've often thought about adoption, and growing up the few times I did think of kids, I always figured if I had them I'd adopt since I was adopted...until I realized how much time and money that takes! A part of me would still like to adopt, but I just can't justify the cost when I'm able to have my own kids.

DH and I met on a game too! Neither of us were looking, and we were actually friends for years before we decided to start dating. We actually coached each other on some of our previous relationships - good thing we're apparently bad coaches

April 6th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
born in Indiana, grew up there and Illinois now live in Texas

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

April 6th, 2010, 06:58 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where are you from? I'm from southern MN
Where did you grow up? about 1/2 hr north of here.
Did you always want kids? How many? no . . . at first *if* we had them I wanted to try before I hit 30 (we married when I was 20). the first few years I didn't care whether we had any or not but you know when the biological clock starts making noises . . . Ideally I'd like 3 but TTC is such a huge long expensive scary story with us I count myself lucky to have Kaiden.
April 6th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaAnna View Post
Splinters suck! Especially when they go in the wrong spot and then they sting and bleed and you can't get them out. Who needs them?

I actually lived not too far south of Bowling Green so we went to Toledo on a regular basis for the Franklin Park Mall (I refuse to use the new name ). We lived on a farm in the middle of nowhere though so going there was a bit overwhelming and the people scared the daylights out of me. Bowling Green wasn't too bad, but there wasn't much left when I moved and from what my uncle and brother have said it's only gotten worse.
That's really interesting! We actually live about ten minutes north of Bowling Green. Jonah's EI therapies and evaluations are actually in Bowling Green, so we visit a couple times a week. We're looking to buy some land out there, because DH and I have this vision of living on a little "farm" (by "farm" I mean a little garden big enough to grow our own veggies etc to can/freeze for the winter, a couple of egg hens, and either a cow or a goat... not a real farm LOL) Right now we're staying with his parents until we find the right place, but we're kind of torn on a decision right now. We just moved here from Cleveland last year (again, we didn't actually live in Cleveland, that's just the city that we were kind of close to LOL The town I'm from, Kent, actually has a pretty negative connotation for people who know where it is and what it's history is, so I just say I'm from Cleveland)

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 7th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've heard of Kent, but admittedly know squat about it. I never went there (or to Cleveland) so aside from knowing where it generally is my knowledge is pretty slim. I think a lot of my mom's co-workers lived just north of BG between it and Maumee along 25. It's a pretty popular area for people who want to be near the cities without being in them. It's not as prone to flooding and stuff as areas south of BG. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search