Monday Check In!

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2010, 06:51 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Check in with us this week ladies - lurkers too!

How was your weekend?
What's on the schedule this week?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
April 5th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
All we're doing this week is waiting for a plumber to come fix a pipe that broke Friday. Plus the kids are sick. Hopefully everybody will be mended before DS's evaluation.

April 5th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Ugh, a broken pipe! That stinks, I hope the plumber gets out to you soon, and hope everyone gets better ASAP too!

We've got a fairly quiet week. On Tuesday, I'm taking Danny to get a vaccine against meningitis, which is "strongly recommended" for kids with CIs and stinks because otherwise he didn't need any shots for turning 2! We're doing his weekly speech appointment at the park Friday if the weather's good, which will be fun. Either this week or next week we'll be video taping a session for the grad student that's been shadowing our therapist for home visits for a few months. I'm a little nervous to see how that goes with the appointment being at the park AND taped - I kind of expect the next couple sessions not to be very productive, LOL.

April 5th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How are they going to keep him focused at the park? A nice change of scenery, but boy I wish you luck! Is the meningitis vaccine one that has a booster? I seem to remember my brother needing it when he moved into a dorm.

April 5th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our weekend was BEAUTIFUL!!!! It is like summer here this week. I have never, in my life, been able to do any easter activities out side. We dyed eggs on Friday outside, and we had our egg hunt outside yesterday as well!!! It is usually still snowing here. Tomorrow is 80 and sunny. It doesn't get up to 80 all the time in the summer even!! We're loving it!

This week we have a few less appointments because of spring break. No EI class or group therapies. Jonah had his casts adjusted today, and his feet are turning wonderfully. He even took a few flat-footed steps for the doctor. There is a 4 degree improvement on the left foot and a 5 degree improvement on the right. Which I'm not sure what that means other than the casts are helping and his feet are going into their correct position.

My mom is coming tomorrow to visit (Yay!!!!) and on Wednesday we have our first official individual speech therapy, on Thursday was supposed to be a meeting for the St. Jude fundraiser I'm heading up but I have to move it to next friday because my committee kind of stinks (how do you plan a fundraiser when no one can come to any of the planning meetings!?!?) and then I have a mommy's morning out with my friends on Friday. Good week, for us!! Craziness begins again next week

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 6th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Most kids get a meningitis booster when they're older/school age, yeah. Danny will be getting a dosed down version for his size and age. I'm not sure if he'll also need the booster in his "regular" vaccine schedule or not!

As for focus at the park, who knows? We did a PT session at the park, but PT kind of lends itself to that setting! Speech is going to be wild in a park setting, especially if the park is crowded. I think they're bonkers, but both boys will enjoy the trips to the park at least.

That is great news about Jonah's feet turning well with the casts!! Were they able to estimate how much longer he'll need them before he can "graduate" to the next step?

April 6th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
yae for Jonah!!!!

We did therapy at the park last week, but Avery is only 8 months old! lol

We had our eval thing on monday that went well, Avery scored between 8 and 12 months on everything except gross motor skills! Yse her!!! lol
we are dropping ECI occupational therapy and jsut doing Vision education and mobility therapy.

bad news on the car front but long story I'll try to inform later

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search