Monday Check In!

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2010, 05:23 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
What's going on this week, ladies? Any appointments or anything out of the ordinary?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
April 12th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
DS has his evaluation with the birth through 5 program people in a few hours. Other than that it's a quiet week.

April 12th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Today I'm waiting for Apria to bring some supplies over.
Tomorrow is IFSP day.
Wednesday is Ava's PT
Thursday is Christian's Kindergarden meeting for his IEP.
Friday is Ava's OT

No doctors this week!!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 12th, 2010, 07:58 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Good luck with the eval, Anna!

And YAY for no doctors, Hope!! Good luck with the IFSP and IEP meetings, I hope they go well.

I've got a bit of a wacky week all around, my stuff as much as Danny's! I have an optometrist appt today and a work trip to Chicago tomorrow, then Danny's got OT on Wednesday and his standing Friday afternoon with our lady from the deaf school. We're actually scheduled to do therapy at the park again this Friday - it went surprisingly well last week! - and the student that's been shadowing our therapist will be leading the session and taping it for her professor.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
April 12th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
noting fo rus

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

April 12th, 2010, 02:07 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not much here. Waiting on calls back from the doctors . . . just bc he has Down's (and the issues alot of Down's individuals have) we are supposed to see an ENT and an audiologist even though Kaiden doesn't appear to have any issues so today I was making calls to find out if/when we really need appointments.

The ENT got back to me, said as long as he's not having issues they'd like to see him anytime from now to when he starts school so we have a few years if we want to wait!

Still waiting for the audiologist to call back.

other than that, my plans are Wed: pay bills (payday) and Thurs: go grocery shopping. Exciting, I know!
April 12th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kind of a typical week for us. Orthopaedic surgeon was this morning. Jonah is much better with that now. He doesn't scream through the parking lot anymore, and he's not even afraid of the cast saw anymore! He just lounged right back while the nurse cut his casts this morning! He still doesn't like the exercises, or anyone manipulating his feet though, and I can understand that completely!!! Both feet are in partial casts this week, so he got a bath today!!! YAY! That is probably the most exciting thing that will happen all week.

We also had EI this afternoon. I was relieved to see that there is a new boy in Jonah's class who is the same age as Jonah and about the same developmental level, and his mom brought his four month old sister. I was really glad to see that they welcomed little siblings into the group, and were very helpful to the mom in juggling both kids. They even helped her out to her car with carrying both of them. That was good for me to see, and eased my fears a little bit.

Tomorrow we have NOTHING!!! WOOHOO!! Wed. speech therapy, Thursday my midwife appointment and going to play at this really cool place just for toddlers, and Friday I have a couple of meetings. One is for the St. Jude fundraiser that I'm heading up, and I'm not looking forward to that one because I'm going to have to confront the group about the lack of participation I'm getting. I hate confrontations, so I'm hoping it goes as smoothly as possible, but we have to move the date of the event because I'm basically getting no help for this huge event. The other meeting is just for the moms group that I'm a part of, so it should actually be fun

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search