New to the board...

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2011, 04:03 PM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I'm Cina (28) and my little man was just diagnosed with mild to moderate CP. It affects his right side. He'll be 9 months old in a few days. I have no clue what's in store and I would love the support from this group.

Here is a pic of Jaxson

February 28th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
What a cutie!! Welcome to the SN board! I'm glad you're joining us. My name is Hope. My youngest daughter has CP, secondary to her Mitochondrial disease.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
February 28th, 2011, 06:32 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!! I'm Anne, mom to Kaiden who has Down Syndrome but is doing AMAZING being on a special diet
February 28th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenchild View Post
Welcome!! I'm Anne, mom to Kaiden who has Down Syndrome but is doing AMAZING being on a special diet

Do you mind if I ask what kind of diet?
March 1st, 2011, 10:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
welcome to the board! He is just so sweet! Love his happy smile!!

Avery is my special girl! She was born with congenital cataracts. Has had 2 surgeries to remove the lenses and then a 3rd for strabismus (cross eyes) I beleive we wil be having 2 more surgeries here soon. She is legally blind and wears contacts

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

March 1st, 2011, 08:00 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

That's one handsome little man!

I'm Anna. My youngest Ellie also has CP.

Glad you're here. Looking forward to getting to know you.
March 2nd, 2011, 02:46 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know all of you as well!
March 2nd, 2011, 03:21 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpydrMnky27 View Post
Thanks ladies.

Do you mind if I ask what kind of diet?

He's on the paleo diet - no grain, no dairy, no legumes, no processed foods, no artificial anything . . . and most importantly no nightshade foods!!! Caused his seizures, and once off nightshade foods not only did the seizures stop but his cognitive & motor development took off!! Not a cure for Down Syndrome or anything, he's still delayed, but a HUGE HUGE HUGE improvement!!
March 6th, 2011, 07:19 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey! Welcome! My oldest has static encephalopathy (slow brain waves) and no idea what caused it (typically associated with CP or FAS, but she has neither).

This is a great board, hope to be seeing lots of you and your sweet little man!

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
March 6th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenchild View Post
He's on the paleo diet - no grain, no dairy, no legumes, no processed foods, no artificial anything . . . and most importantly no nightshade foods!!! Caused his seizures, and once off nightshade foods not only did the seizures stop but his cognitive & motor development took off!! Not a cure for Down Syndrome or anything, he's still delayed, but a HUGE HUGE HUGE improvement!!
Oh wow! That's awesome! I follow sort of a paleo/primal diet myself...well..80% of the time. lol That is fantastic that he's improved so much from his diet. Amazing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search