Melotonin

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2011, 09:30 AM
breea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For those of you that use it as a sleep aid for our lil youngesters what kind do u use? I have used the sub lingual spay but it doesnt seem to be working plus she doesnt understand to keep it under her tongue. Any advice

March 2nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We use GNC sub-lingual cherry flavored pills. Daniel doesn't keep them under his tongue either but they still work. He's been melatonin since before he was 2 and he's 4 now.

March 2nd, 2011, 12:19 PM
breea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
does he chew them up because i tried the pills but she chews them and it scared me

March 3rd, 2011, 08:09 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just started looking into this for Ellie and myself. Amazon.com seems to have a large selection of melotonin liquid in different flavors and most of them didn't say anything about needing to be held under the tounge. Most use a dropper but one I noticed seemed more like cough syrup. I can't vouch for how effective they are or how they taste but it's good to know the choices are out there since we'll definitely have to go this route. Ellie's got a strong gag reflex. There's no way she'd be able to handle the pills.
Hope this helps. If I have anything to add once we've given it a try I'll let you know.
March 7th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Super Mommy
Ok so I have a question. Did you all go the melatonin route on your own or on the advice of your doctor?

The reason I ask is because TJ usually will not fall asleep until 2-3 am, no matter how tired he is. I want to try and get him on a better schedule before this baby gets here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search