and again... sorry

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2011, 08:24 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes I feels like people go out of their way to make my life annoying... like its not frustrating enough just dealing with day to day schedules and medical issues.

Venting... these are just TODAY's problem... this is why I feel like all I do is yell... seriously EVERY day is like this with a new set of problems, not just the same probs all the time

Topic: School

Problem : I missed the appt. My alarm didn't go off. My babysitter didn't show up and Kate slept well for the first time in forever. BUT I told them when they scheduled the appt that it was too early and we couldn't make it. They gave me no choice. So I called and asked to reschedule and the teacher said that they couldn't until the beginning of the school year (meaning Carrie wouldn't start school until after the meeting took place)

Action: Yea like I'm waiting EVEN LONGER to get services. I wasn't upset about anything untiL i was basically told they'll "get around" to her when it's convienant for them. The fact is that they broke the law when waiting this long to give it to me (resulting in no time to make up this appt) so I went to the teacher's boss... boss confirmed that they screwed up (kinda, she CYA'd but they screwed up and didn't document a beginning date so they were up against a wall and the boss was trying to work with me). I even heard her tell the receptionist that the reason Kascow (the teacher) was pushing me off was cause Kascow just doesn't wanna do the appt (she's busy, like she's NOT going to be busy at the beginning of a new school year)...

After: appt next Tuesday at 9:00 (I told them any time after 9:00 would work, which REALLY pissed Kascow off)

Topic: Fort Sill medical records

Problem: I called to check the status of our request and the friggin lazy woman at the desk said "if it was done when you said it was, it was mailed". refusing to look into it at all. With some persuasion she informs me that she can not "locate" a request form, therefore I didn't fill one out (this is the SECOND time that has happened in that same office). She then tells me that there is nothing she will do about it (even though she can). Since I live at Fort Bragg I can export the records there (we've had terrible luck with that) and start the request process over again here.

Action: I called her boss. I called the patient representative at the hospital. I submitted an ICE comment and I included in EACH that I will be calling every day until it is resolved

After: The boss called me and said the records would be in the mail tomorrow.

Topic: Gymnastics

Problem: I was looking into putting the girls into gymnastics and because of Carrie's ability I obviously want her in a class that I can participate with her in and help her (which we've had no problem ever being allowed in a younger class before). The lady at the desk said no. She is a new gym and doesn't want to "start off on the wrong foot by allowing the age groups to mix".

Action: I told her that if she didn't want my kid there, we didn't want to take her. I told her that not allowing a disabled 3 year old to participate in a developmentally appropriate age group was far from starting off on the "right foot". Then I lied. I told her I was an active member of our FRG and mommy group and that neither of them would have the mothers even considering their gym.

After: Her business partner called and extended Kate and Carrie an invitation to the gym, before it opens to meet the instructors and see the equipment and talk with her about the possibility of putting her in the mommy and me class

Topic: Dr Kukas (developmental pediatrician we saw in march)

Problem: I still haven't received Carrie's report, records or patient rights information that I requested months ago (the patient rights I requested a month ago). She called me a month ago and said it was going out in the mail that afternoon. She lied again.

Action: I've done everything I can do with her. I've been calling for 3 months and she's not part of a larger practice, so I filed a complaint with the Oklahoma state medical board.

After: nothing yet, but i'm interested to see what happens.

Topic: Referrals

Problem: Carrie's referrals are all kinds of screwed up. The doctor put them all in under Katie. Well after spending days talking to Tricare, I've found out that some of them were caught by Tricare (I <3 Tricare) and they went ahead and entered the referrals for both children (meaning that Kate has a bunch of unnecessary referrals, but we don't have to start over with all of carrie's). This does mean that I have to spend hours getting the info from Tricare for each provider, then calling them to see if they have it for Carrie and if they're accepting patients and checking to see which are "pending" and which are actually "approved" (everything pending will have to be resubmitted) etc etc etc. I found out today that ophthalmology wasn't entered for Carrie (only Katie) and ABA was referred to the state who no only doesn't provide ABA but doesn't service children older than 3. and developmental peds is "pending"

Action: I'm calling the office manager tomorrow and chewing her butt about the ABA referral and the ignorance of the women who entered the referral and I've switched primary care providers. Since most of the referrals are in and more importantly the important therapies have already been approved. I an NOT staying with a clinic that is so incompetent

Yesterday was a different set of problem and tomorrow will be yet a different set. >

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
June 8th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
This is a logistics nightmare! I am so sorry hon.

I will have to remember to be super firm and pushy next time something doesn't work out.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

June 9th, 2011, 07:51 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Geez! You just can't get a break can you?!!?!! I'm so sorry!

I'm glad you at least got the gymnastics thing straightened out. I hope you and Carrie enjoy the mommy and me class. It sounds like fun.

As for the rest of it.... I have no advice. I'm really no help at all. All I can say is I'm praying for you and I hope things get easier soon. Have you met anyone at ft bragg you could talk to? It sounds like you really need a good friend right now. And maybe some time to take care of yourself.

Of course you can always vent here any time you need to. I hope it helps a little.
June 9th, 2011, 08:27 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really can't catch a break, but I'm working on it.

Upside is that I've heard from Dr kukas. She says the records are being mailed today or tomorrow (I've heard that before) but I think the complaint I filed lit a fire under her butt, she was much less condescending that usual when I speak to her. I will be actively pursuing the complain until the records and report are in my hand though.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
June 10th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I don't blame you one bit for not backing off until they are in your hand. I certainly would.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search