Ugh! I feel rotten! (x-posted)

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2011, 12:17 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I threw my back out the other day! I can barely move. I'm hopped up on pain killers and feeling really out of it. I slept on and off all day and now it's 2 a.m. and I'm wide awake.

Ellie's got casts on both legs and she HATES it! I feel so bad for her but she was so whiny today! Drove me crazy and now I feel guilty about it 'cause I know she's miserable and I should be more sympathetic.

I just snapped at my husband because he asked me to come to bed. What the heck did I do that for?! He was trying to be nice.

Abbey and Kayla are being so helpful and I'm sure I'm not appreciating it enough. I feel like all I do is nag at them.

There's something wrong with the transmission on my car so I have to take it to the shop tomorrow. (if I can drive by then)

Okay I've run out of things to complain about and posts to respond to. And the pain killers are finally starting to kick back in so I'm finally going to bed now.

Thanks for reading my rant.
June 10th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
(((HUGS))) I am sorry everything is going so rotten right now. Maybe leave notes for your family when you aren't already peeved for the day so that they will still have a reminder that things are just off right now. My mom did that after my twin brothers were born and it helped us out a lot.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

June 10th, 2011, 01:26 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) I know when things get bad, it's easy to feel that way about everything (like you said about the older girls being helpful and snapping at the hubby) hopefully you'll start feeling better soon! I would do something special (like take the family for ice cream) when you felt better to acknowledge your mood without having to do it while you still feel bad

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
June 13th, 2011, 03:44 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. We're all feeling better now. I'm blaming my bad mood on the pain killers. I switched meds and now I feel much more like myself. Can't lift anything over 20lbs for a while which is a challenge but I'm managing.
Ellie's walking in her casts! Sort of....She's pulling herself up and walking around the furniture and using her walker for a few steps at a time.
And the car got fixed.
I took your advice yesterday. The notes and the ice cream were a big hit and I feel much less like a grouchy monster.
Anyway thanks again for letting me vent. I tried talking to a friend about it on Friday and she basically just told me to get over it. It's nice to share with people who understand.
June 13th, 2011, 04:58 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamma_anna View Post
I tried talking to a friend about it on Friday and she basically just told me to get over it. It's nice to share with people who understand.
I get that a lot too, especially when dealing with the medical community... like the doc who refuses to give us the records. My family tells me "well, you knew it wasn't going to be easy. It never is"

How exactly does that help? and just cause it never is doesn't mean it's SUPPOSED to be that way...

is it so terrible that we have get disappointed when our already complicated lives get even more so for reasons that we have no control over?

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
June 14th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

June 14th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
poor mama, just breath honey!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search