eating

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Is your lo a good eater? How is their weight?

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
June 14th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Ugh...I was just going to post about this... Danny is still eating horribly... He is only getting between 1024 and 1158 calories. He is still staying right at 31.4 pounds but he looks soooo skinny. I have had people that have known us for a while (and know me quite well) comment on how he looks bonier. :'( I don't get this. He is the same height and weight and yet his knees are sooo much bonier, his ribs stick out farther, and his ankles are bonier. His elbows are even bonier. I really don't get this and am getting so tired of being told "come back at this point in time and we will see what we should do." Right now that point is July 22nd. I hate having the choice of a doctor that will get him in quickly but do nothing to help or a doctor that takes forever to get him in and "hopefully" will do something to help. I am so frustrated right now. We go in to see the nutritionist in the morning and I am hoping that she will have some sort of influence on getting him in to see the doctor sooner...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

June 14th, 2011, 12:26 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
carrie is struggling big time with constipation right now. She's not eating much cause she's drinking so much to try and fight it... it's not working

she's still under 30lbs, which is low for an almost 4 year old, but she's still okay

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
June 14th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
she is a good eater. Likes spicey foods even. weird lol Veggies, she will eat. The only thing she is not big on is sandwiches
She is tiny like her sister. She is 23 months old, 22 pounds and 31 inches

Nichole is 5years and 5 months and weighs 34 pounds and 41 inches

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

June 14th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Ava is gtube fed and on HUGE amounts of complex carbs to keep her glucose levels in check, so her weight is good. Thankfully. The gtube was one of the best things for her, really.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
June 14th, 2011, 07:21 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kaiden is a big eater, LOL!! big meals, but you CANNOT feed this child snacks, he will not eat in between meals.

He only weighs around 20lbs and his pedi is having a cow about it all. But she's not taking into account everything that has happened within the last year. Last June he was 21lbs and very, very chubby. The seizures stopped and he got active, so he slimmed down quickly and lost almost 3 lbs. Started to gain it back, was up over 20lbs but then I (against my better judgement) followed the pedi's advice and doubled his meats & meat fats, and he ended up with lymphedema and now can no longer have beef or pork. Hoping that's not a lifelong condition! So I HAD to treat him for that, and he lost weight. He's now back up to 20lbs . . . but all the pedi can see is the dots on the chart, where it shows he hasn't gained in a year. She's refusing to look at what happened during the year, in between appointments . . . and she blew off the lymphedema situation . . . believe me, we are currently searching for a new pedi.
June 15th, 2011, 08:08 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenchild View Post
Kaiden is a big eater, LOL!! big meals, but you CANNOT feed this child snacks, he will not eat in between meals.
lol, Carrie is like that

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
June 17th, 2011, 01:02 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ellie has finally become a good eater. And by "good" I mean she'll eat most if not all of what we put in front of her and will even on a rare occasion ask for a snack. But I've given up on getting her to eat a full portion size. What we put on her plate is about 2/3 of what her sisters were eating at her age. Any more than that usually just goes to waste. We sneak extra calories into her food wherever we can and she drinks the boost kid essentials and breeze juice drinks between meals.
Her weight has hovered between 32lbs and 34lbs for the past 6 months. Still less than the 3rd %.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search