glasses

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Who's l/o wears glasses? How old were they when they started wearing them?

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
July 12th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kailyn doesn't need them just yet but I expect she will before too long. I have no idea how that's going to go over though; she refuses to keep sunglasses on and will throw a fit when I try to keep them on for her!
July 12th, 2011, 07:46 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Carrie doesn't but I'm REALLY sad about it right now. We were told just before we moved that it was time to get her glasses. I was scared about the same thing Ever is scared of but psyched myself up for it. I tried glasses on her, and Carrie is MADE to wear glasses. She's SO cute! Our new opth says that she does not need them. I certainly don't want to hope that her vision is bad just to see how stinking cute she is in specs, but I'm suddenly much more disappointed than I thought I'd be.

Opth did say that there is a 50/50 chance on Katie. He said Kate is farsighted and that that goes one of two ways, long term natural correction (her next appt she'll still be farsighted, but less so) or over compensation (next appt she'll have good vision, and the following she'll be near sighted). He says she's not severe enough to put glasses on her yet (truthfully her face isnt' made for them the way Carrie's is)

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
July 12th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
My brothers are all living with me and Danny for the week so I will chime in here too. One of my twin brothers has to wear glasses. He is five now and legally blind without his glasses. He started wearing them a year ago in may. It was just after his fourth birthday.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

July 16th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Super Mommy
reggie got glasses just before he turned 3 last year...but its been none stop getting them fixed since then!

July 17th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Uh. No kidding! We have had to get sams completely replaced 8 times in the last year. We are getting a new pair at walmart this time because they will replace them for 1 year...we have spent over $200 getting them replaced this past year and that is with them "being nice" and not charging us the 2nd 4th and 7th time...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

August 12th, 2011, 09:59 PM
xoNicolexo's Avatar 3 blues & 1 pink
Send a message via Yahoo to xoNicolexo
My son has been wearing glasses since age 7. He has Astigmatism & Amblyopia.

August 13th, 2011, 08:07 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kaiden doesn't have them . . . yet . . . so far his vision's been perfect (we have his yearly eye appt coming up on the 25th). It's pretty common for DS kids to have not-perfect vision, and mine was pretty bad by 5th grade; very nearsightedness (is that even a word? ) runs in my mom's family, one member had bifocals by age 12 . . . so I HOPE he inherited his father's vision which is beyond perfect, even at 39. Lucky man!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search