your day

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
What is a typical weekday like for you?

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
October 24th, 2011, 08:41 AM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We usually start about 8 getting the girls ready for school. I have to carry Jamie downstairs since she has a hard time seeing where she needs to step. I help both my girls dress and we are out the door by nine so they can go to school. While they are at school I am cleaning and putting toys away so Jamie has nothing to trip over. The girls come home at 3 and play untill 6 when I make supper. After supper the girls get a bath and put their pajamas on. The girls are ready to go to bed at 9. Rachel puts herself to bed while I carry Jamie to bed so she don't trip going up the steps. Anywhere we go where we have to carry Jamie because little changes in the floor trip her up.
October 24th, 2011, 12:16 PM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL, totally depends on the day. Nothing is ever typical around here I think.

But really...
Lil Buddy and Sarah Beth have school. Sarah Beth gets up first and I help get her ready and walk her out to the bus at 6:45. Then I come back in and get Lil Buddy ready. He gets on his bus (he goes to a different school that is for the special needs kids) at 7:25. Then I have to get Daniel ready and we go out to do morning stuff. Some days Daniel goes to a babysitter for the day and I study or clean or whatever. Then I pick up Lil Buddy at his school at 11am and take him to therapy/daycare/doctor/ or whatever he has that day. I get Daniel at 1:30 from his babysitter if he is there and then we pick up Lil Buddy from wherever he is if he isn't already with us. Then we get home and I lie Daniel down for a nap and Lil Buddy and I work on home therapy stuff. It is just play time with Mommy for him, of course. Then Sarah Beth gets off her bus at 3:30 and we play all together. I let Sarah Beth and sometimes Lil Buddy go outside in the backyard while I finish cooking. DH gets home around 5:30 and we eat family dinner. Then he bathes all the kids and I clean up dinner. Lil Buddy is in bed at 7pm, Daniel not long after that (he has a breathing treatment at night and we give him that after Lil Buddy is in bed because he is terrified of the sound of the nebulizer). Sarah Beth gets a little one on one time with Mommy and/or Daddy before her bedtime at 8:00. Then I clean, sweep, mop and get things laid out for the next morning.

I love my life, but wow, when you write it all down it looks like it is really hectic... LOL.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!
October 24th, 2011, 04:50 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
7:30-8:00 mommy gets dressed and prepares their breakfast and bag for the day
8:00-8:30 get girls up and dressed and breakfast
8:30-11:45 therapy/doctor or craft (therapy mon, tues, thurs, craft or outing wed and fri, doc as needed)
11:45-12:20 lunch
12:20-3:00 I take Carrie to school and pick her up, Katie naps while Carrie is in school
3:00-5:30 play, craft, etc (tues she has speech at 3:30)
5:30 daddy comes home and I make dinner
7:30 - start bedtime ritual.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
October 24th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
7:30 we get up and are dressed by 7:50. At 8 we come downstairs and get breakfast and meds and are out the door by 8:25 (morning meds with no neb treatments only take about 5 minutes). Danny goes to preschool m-f from 8:30 until either 12:45, 3:15, or 5 depending on the day. Monday he gets picked up at about 5:10 because I work. Tuesday he gets picked up at 3:15 then taken to my mom's because I have class from 4-5 and then work from 5-10. Wednesday and Friday he is picked up at 3:10, Thursday he is picked up at 5. I cook dinner or serve it from the crockpot by 5:30 most nights (rarely as late as 6pm.) 30 minutes later I am cleaning up dinner and getting him settled with a bath and then reading or play time. Meds start at 6:45 and that usually takes at least 10 minutes if he doesn't need a neb treatment that day. If he needs nebs that day meds start no later than 6:30. He is usually in bed by 7 and we read either a picture book or a few chapters out of a chapter book then hugs, kisses, and good nights. I work on homework after he goes to bed until I go to bed at 10 or until I finish what is due for the next 2 days. I will pop in here or read a book if I finish early. Before I go to bed I make his lunch for the next day and put the crock meal together if that is what we are doing. Then I can just plug it in in the morning. I clean and do laundry on the weekends. While Danny is in preschool I am either in classes or at work. Doctor's appointments have become impossible to schedule around classes so I miss class to take him in whenever he needs to go in. :/

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search