ok a little worried here

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Super Mommy
I dont know what else to do!!!
my youngest is 29months old, and i am starting to feel like a horrible mom...
none of my drs take me seriously and its VERY annoying.
he is 26Ibs, and around 34Inches tall(his height im guestamating my best from cm to inches )
in the past 4days this is what he has eaten
1 hashbrown
1/2apple
1 sausage
1/4 of a waffle(frozen kind)
1 chicken nugget.

Now usually he will eat one meal which would be breakfast usually, and now he wont eat anything.......this has been going on for a while and we've been to a nutrisionist( mostly because we thought he was allergic to alot, but all tests have come back negative)
Our allergy concerns were because he has yet to have a solid bm and goes atleast 6times a day!

he is still going 6times a day even when all the allergies we thought were not eaten.
He had blood work done in august and all his important nutrients were on the low end of normal and im scared to know what they are now...

we are going to a GI next thursday and im scared of what he is going to say.

my little guy already has issues with his activity level and will lie around 90% of the time while playing.

November 10th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
I am so glad you're seeing a GI!!!! I would be concerned with malabsorption, which causes loose bms too. There is also "starvation diarrhea" that can happen if they aren't taking in what is needed. Lots and lots of reasons for bowel issues! With his lack of appetite, there are meds to try that can stimulate that. One is periactin. There are high calorie prescription juices that have 100% of the nutrition he needs (Resource Breeze). There are MANY elemental formulas to help with his BMs, if he needs them. I'd expect your GI to do lots of labs, stool testing and if those don't give answers, they might do a scope. There is so many possibilities! ((Hugs)) KUP!!

My daughter has Mitochondrial disease and Eosinophilic Gastritis/Colitis (which is severe food allergies that damage the GI tract). She is fed 24/7 with a feeding tube/feeding pump because of all her GI troubles. If you have any questions, please ask

His energy levels make me wonder what his blood sugar is. Tell GI about his energy levels too!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
November 11th, 2011, 01:29 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor little guy! I would definitely change pediatricians!! So good that you're going to a GI, but don't feel horrible at all. At this point you are doing everything you can for him and without your pedi's help, what else can you do?

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
November 11th, 2011, 01:49 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We use the breeze juice and boost kid essentials drinks and both have been really helpful for us in getting Ellie the calories she needs and keeping her energy level up. Sometimes when she doesn't want to eat much, like when she's sick, she'll still drink these. I'd highly recomend them. But it sounds like he's got some digestive issues that we're not dealing with so I'd check with the GI first.

I'm sorry you and your little guy are struggling with this. I'd also reccomend changing pediatricians. I hope the GI can find some answers for him.

November 11th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Super Mommy
thanks ladies
this is our 3rd ped! crazy..im ready to move to another town just to get good medical care! or travel 3hrs to get it!!
its crazy.

hopefully the GI will recommend something and see that im not totally crazy!

November 12th, 2011, 06:18 PM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully, the GI doctor can give you some help. I'm worried about my little Preston he doesn't ever eat. They told me to increase his pediasure but since upping it I feel like he isn't eating food at all. I've been tempted to cut back to see if he will eat food. I hate him being on a liquid diet.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

November 22nd, 2011, 06:35 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
it could still be non ige allergies. With eoe and other non ige stuff, the allergy tests are negative, but the child still reacts. My son only tested positive for a couple of his triggers.

November 23rd, 2011, 09:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I have a friend who's daughter is severely allergic to nuts but tests negative. They say its an intolerance but can turn to allergy at any times. And they say it is not an allergy because it is not immediate reaction. She reacts about 1-3 hours after exposure.

anyawys it could be anything as well. My oldest has a fluoride intolerance that showed the same way you are talking about. She is tiny!! (34 pounds 41 inches at 6) but has always been small. She was breastfed so I didn't know she was having mushy poop for so long, but after she wenaed it got bad, the less she nursed the worse she got. By 23 months (she weaned fully at 22 months) she had diarrhea every day a few times a day. We had her tested for everything under the sun! CF test, blood work , stool clutures ect, allergy testing, nothing showed. We ended up spending Thanksgiving with my in laws in Louissiana, and they only used bottle water for everything as they lived on the bayou. Well after being there for 3 days her diarrhea was gone. much research and personal testing later and she is allergic to the fluoride in water. It's in lots of other things as well. So just because they are negative to testing, doesn't mean anything. Also don't hold your breath with the GI. When we went to the GI for it, after running more tests, they wanted to do a biopsy of her upper and lower intestines. It didn't sit well with me and thank good ness!! They wouldn't have found anything there either! We were just lucky to find out the culprit. They also told me she was failure to thrive because she had fallen off the growth curve. She has been in the 3rd percentile since 6 months old, if she doesn't gain exactly when they say or gets a cold, then she is off! Well if someone was in the 50% and dropped to the 45% no one would say a thing!!!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search