Pre-op is almost done...

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Danny and I got to the hospital this morning at about 830 to be admitted for the pre-op clean out. We were upstairs by 9:00 but checkin took about an hour and a half because of the details and such that they needed. We went to the treatment room to get the IV put in at 11 but after 2 tries...and no tears!!!!...he had 2 blown veins and 4 stunned nurses. They gave up because his veins are so tiny and decided to call the NICU float nurse to do his IV. It took her about an hour to get down to the surgery floor and then it took her about 10 minutes of digging at the same vein...STILL NO TEARS!!...before she finally got it. He did great through all the sticks and blows...then came the NG... His gag reflex has gotten a TON more sensitive since the last time he had anything done...which was only July! It took 5 tries to get it into his nose then we got it into his nose and he was gagging so hard that it came back up and out his mouth rather than going down. Then he started throwing up and we had to take a short break to try and let that settle down. After a minute or two we tried again and this time there was blood in both sides of his nose. It was hard on both sides but she finally got it to go in and down on one side but he was throwing up and gagging on it the whole time. After we got it in he was throwing up blood for about 30 minutes...they assumed from his nose... and then kept throwing up or dry heaving for another 30-40 minutes then gagged constantly for another 40-50 minutes and then the gagging gradually slowed, then stopped for the most part. He will still start gagging randomly but doesn't vomit with it. It was terrible... He has peticiai (sp?) all over his face, neck, and head... :'(

In the picture you can only see the really big spots. His whole face looks like that on the left side. The right side isn't as bad (he was laying on his left side while they were putting it in...) but there are spots all over his face, several large ones on his neck, his scalp, his chin, his forehead...everywhere. Does anybody know if these hurt when there are so many of them, especially large clusters of big ones in a small area?

I just hope tomorrow goes better than today. The staff was great but this has been hard on Danny. The tube comes out at 3am at the latest... I am praying for a smooth day tomorrow. Surgery is supposed to start at 10 and will last at least an hour then recovery time will be at least 30 minutes. It isn't all that long but it is longer than I like to be away from him...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

November 14th, 2011, 07:56 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor little guy! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
November 14th, 2011, 08:17 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor guy! That must have been so rough on both of you! Big and prayers that all will go well tomorrow and Danny recovers quickly.

November 15th, 2011, 10:22 AM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Petechae bruising looks bad but it is not painful. It was probably caused from all the trouble getting the ng tube in. It stressed him and caused the little blood vessles to pop in his face. They should be gone in a few days.
November 15th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I knew what they were and have had them but never that many or that close together. They look terrible because there are so many and so many clusters of them so I hope they will go away soon...

November 26th, 2011, 08:00 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So how long did/does he have the ng tube for? Poor thing. What surgery did he have?

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
November 27th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It was only in for 12 hours for the cleanout for the colonoscopy. He had an endoscopy and colonoscopy done to determine the cause of his stomach pain.

November 27th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Poor baby. Wesley had an endoscopy and colonoscopy and did not need a tube.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
November 28th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He won't drink enough to do the cleanout without the NG....

November 28th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Man, that stinks. They didn't make Wesley do a clean-out, but he has chronic diarrhea.

................ ...

Ruby (2.16.11)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search