Biopsies and such came back...

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
The GI said that the bile reflux is likely from his digestive tract not constricting and flowing like it should and that the bile refluxing into his stomach is causing the gastritis and possibly the ulcers. She gave us a prescription for carafate to fill as needed but once we decide to fill it he is on it for 30 days. The upper biopsies all came back normal aside from the gastritis. Again, she didn't do the esophagus because of all the gagging and throwing up from the NG tube...

The colonoscopy biopsies showed no eosinophilic issues so we are currently resting at food allergies. He was supposed to get patch testing put on this coming Wednesday and taken off Friday but he got a sinus infection which has REALLY flared his asthma. He has been on Xopenex treatments every 2 hours since Friday night and if we can't cut them back before Monday we have to go back in. The allergist called in Corzall to try and diminish his cough last night to see if the inflammation would go down if he wasn't coughing at least once per minute...literally. The Corzall helped but with the oral steroids he is on combined with the Xopenex treatments and his inhaler adding the pseudophedrine in the cough syrup overloaded the "steroid meter" and held his heart around 130-140 for 2 hours. So, we can't repeat that. He has allready started coughing quite a bit again and has been wheezing, I guess due to not coughing so much even though it is a dry cough, so much coughing I guess kept the "wet" cough away... So we are back on neb treatments every 2 hours. Ugh... Anyway, with the steroids they can't do the patch testing so we will have to reschedule that Monday too... We just can't win...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

November 27th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
carafate is a great med but you have to follow the directions to a "T". It can be a pain. It really sounds like you're getting some generic answers and I'm sorry for that. I hope he feels better!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
November 28th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
wow what a mess.. I pray it gets better soon

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

November 28th, 2011, 08:44 PM
MommaLexi's Avatar Adoptive and Foster Mommy
So sorry for the little guy I have horrible asthma that still isn't controlled at 23, so I know how he feels there. I'll be praying for him and for answers!

FD ~ Squishy, 8mos old, Down Syndrome, Heart Disease (post open-heart surgery)
November 28th, 2011, 09:20 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor Danny!
I'm glad you're getting some answers. Even if they're not necessarily helpful. I'll be praying that this latest respitory thing clears up quickly. I can relate to those every 2 hour neb treatments. Not fun for either of you.

November 30th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
We finally seem to be turning a corner with the respiratory stuff. He went in yesterday to the allergist and saw one of the PAs. She said that if he needs them every 2 hours keep doing them every 2 hours. She also had us call in this morning and left a patient's room to answer the phone. I love this office! She said that his normal doc agreed not to up the oral steroids but called in a cough syrup without steroids so that his HR won't go up. She said if he is wheezing again tomorrow morning than don't give it to him again but that if it works and doesn't make the wheezing worse that we can continue it through Friday night. We are supposed to call in tomorrow and check in again and he has a recheck Friday afternoon. We have been able to get nebs to every 2.5 to 3 hours today so far. We will see if that stays....

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

November 30th, 2011, 07:53 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for small improvements. Praying it continues and hoping the medicine works.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search