went to dr today

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Super Mommy
so i had to take john to the dr today because since friday he has had this awesome diaper rash, that has bled, cracked and hurt so much everytime anything touched it.
She said it was clearing up...thats because he had gone an hour without a poop.
So i asked her what happens if his endoscopy comes back neg. for celiacs... she said then he has IBS and he'll need a colonoscopy... ok.. so i looked it up.
For a long time now myself and most of my family have been considering it maybe crohns, the symptoms fit, so i compared IBS and Crohns... close but he never gets constipated...his eyes are always puffy, and he has skin issues, that were attributed to allergies, but unproven because of his allergy tests coming back negative. he is also WAY smaller then a normal almost 3yr old..and he avoids eating some days..well most days
so now im worried.
Im worried either which way, but i dunno how to explain it.

December 12th, 2011, 01:11 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor guy! I hope the diaper rash heals quickly.

Have you mentioned crohn's disease to his doctors yet? What's their take on it?

I know how hard it is not to worry...especially when you're in an "I don't know...Don't have any answers" situation. I wish I had some advice to give or could say something that could take that worry away for you.

I'll be praying that you get some answers and he starts feeling better soon.

December 12th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Super Mommy
i havent mentioned it to her, but she tends to just brush things i come up with off anyways.
Like we believe he is on the spectrum, but he is very friendly..so she says no way.
its just hard.

When we go back Ill be mentioning it.

December 13th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Poor guy... Have you tried putting mylanta or corn starch on it, letting it dry and then let him run around comando? We had to do that with Danny for a while. Once we got it cleared up we had to slather Aquaphor or Vaseline on him constantly. We covered anywhere poop might get to and that kept it off his skin. (((HUGS))) I can 100% relate to the never-ending, bleeding diaper rashes. Ours was a food allergy that took a while to figure out, then replacement digestive enzymes making it through his system and eating his skin. At least we had causes though... KUP on how he is doing...

ETA: It sounds like she is using IBS as an excuse for not wanting to find out what is really going on...kindof as a catch net for difficult GI things... JMO, but if you can, I would find a new doc that actually cares and wants to help. Brushing something off because the parent thought of it is egotistical and led us down a dangerous path at one point...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

December 18th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Super Mommy
so we ended up at the ER last night with johns bleeding butt..he refused to sit, sleep, eat etc. But after 4hrs of waiting all the dr said was barrier cream...DUHH.. i told him we do barrier cream, all the time.
His poop is like acid..its crazy...everywhere his poop touches gets blistery red..even his legs
i cant wait for an answer but im gettig SOOOOO mad

December 19th, 2011, 01:39 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd be mad too.
More and prayers for you both.

December 19th, 2011, 05:34 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wesley had the same issues. I would first off, get a new doctor if possible, and second, look up eosinophilic esophagitis. If they are doing an endo, ask about biospies. That is the only way to diagnose it. If he doesn't have it, it's another thing to rule out. Wesley gets butt-pealing rashes after he eats certain foods, has eczema, and avoids eating as well.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search