Finally!!!!

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
We finally got the labs done in Cinci today. We have been here since Tuesday afternoon and finally got them drawn this morning. They drew 7 tubes...not sure what all they were but at least the 2 that I knew of and several more evidently. Rechecking a few I guess. We go back for the last recheck of one in March if the NK function comes back off the charts low again and then that series at least will be done. Then we go back in June for our annual recheck with the hematologist. Our referral expires June 23 but we will be back before then and put a new one through as needed.

On the bad side...we now have 15 foods to avoid... He had been eating a lot of beef based products because we are avoiding chicken but he started complaining of stomach pain that was getting worse over a three day period until he woke up crying that it hurt... We called the allergist and since he had a 2+ on a skin test for beef and now these symptoms we need to avoid beef as well... :/ So...a little good and a little bad, but at least the crazy labs are done!!!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

January 1st, 2012, 06:31 PM
MommaLexi's Avatar Adoptive and Foster Mommy
Glad the labs are done finally! As for the meat, if he allergic to turkey? If not, it is pretty easy on the stomach! It's one of the few foods Avery will eat (she is tube-fed).

FD ~ Squishy, 8mos old, Down Syndrome, Heart Disease (post open-heart surgery)
January 3rd, 2012, 06:36 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad the labe are drawm. Sorry you now have to avoid beef too. Hopefully you can find something that works soon.
January 4th, 2012, 08:27 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for labs being done Boo for more allergies

January 5th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Yep...He can still have turkey and pork for right now. Thankfully turkey is a "Healthy alternative" because I found turkey bologna and pepperoni. The pepperoni will be sparingly used if at all because of the spices in it but the bologna is Danny's best friend!!!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search