worried

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2012, 11:02 AM
Super Mommy
So Im posting here because nobody else seems to understand. My 2.5yr old John, hasnt eaten anything except one peice of toast in days, we took him to the ER last night, just our towns ER and they said there is nothing urgently wrong with him so there is nothing they could do for him (WTH?) anyways, in the 4hrs we waited he had only had a couple sips of water and his diaper wasnt even peed in.
That wasnt a concern.
I am concerned because he was getting glassy eyed, staring off into space a couple times yesturday, and we couldnt snap him out of it for like a minute and all he would do was say no repeatedly and then he was fine. He slept all thru a wedding we went to on saturday, all night, all day yesturday until 230pm when i woke him up to go to the store and then he slept in the cart, then the van and stayed up a bit at the ER. He has done the space stare once today. According to the ER last night, he has lost 1.6Ibs since last week.
I am talking to my SO about going to the childrens hospital in the city today , he isnt as tired but still hasnt eaten anything.
The only thing helpful that the ER dr said yesturday is that he should probably have his endo sooner then the next 11days.
He wasnt worried about the not eating.

January 2nd, 2012, 02:34 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would go to the children's hospital. If you don't think he is acting right then I would have a second opinion.
January 2nd, 2012, 02:39 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure I'd be too worried about the not eating, but the dehydration woul dbe a big concern of mine. I would take him to the children's hospital.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
January 4th, 2012, 08:25 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
more (((HUGS))) for you guys. Did you get the second opinion? How are things going?

January 5th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
We had that problem...thankfully the 100% food strike lasted only 2 days..then he would eat one or two bites per day. Our doc said that he wouldn't do anything until Danny fell off the growth charts even though he would just lay around and have no energy at all. We switched GI's through that process. I got more worried about the behavioral effects of not eating and not drinking than the actual not eating and drinking as well... He has hit my "alarm stage" though...I would have had Danny at the ER too...

Do you have any updates? Is he doing any better?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

January 6th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Super Mommy
we didnt end up going to the childrens hospital... im not thrilled with how our last trip went. Johns only been eating a couple bites a day right now...he is drinking a bit but not much....we go for his endoscopy on thursday but im not happy with the GI at this point. I might be asking to see another....my fam. dr keeps getting annoyed when i switch drs. Shes next on the switch list

January 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
We have switched everything but the allergist. That one was a great doc from the start.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search