Forget pouring...it is just flooding...

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
So when it rains it pours? No...it just flat out floods here. So on top of everything else that has been going on the one person that I trusted more than anyone else to watch Danny just said she can't watch him anymore. She was supposed to watch him every thursday night for 6 hours while I worked! I trusted her so much because she has worked with medically fragile children and special needs children her whole life. I mean this miracle worker potty trained a child with severe sensory processing issues in two days flat! Diapers 24/7 to big girl panties in 48hours! She has never messed up his meds or his foods and has always been wonderful. Until this morning that is when she just leaves me with no sitter for the rest of the semester! Now I have to basically dump him on my mom who was overwhelmed last night when she only had him for 3 hours! She now has to take care of him two days a week for a total of 9 hours between my evening class and my work. She has messed up his meds at least 4 times...one to the point that he was just under the dosage where we would have had to go in and get his stomach pumped... o.O She does her best but she has 3 kids of her own that are young and rambunctious and it is all she can do to try and get things the way they are supposed to be. AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! If one more thing goes wrong I will seriously just dig a hole, crawl in, and pull the hole in after me!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

January 18th, 2012, 12:40 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did she give a reason? That really sucks! Have you tried looking into respite providers (since they have experience with medically fragile children and are background screened, etc). I know the ones that were sent to us were even willing to give references. Care.com even had some that were familiar with medically complicated children.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
January 18th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
She is taking a heavy load this semester and after agreeing to work every Thursday all semester decided that she had too much to do and wouldn't have time. I can't afford a sitter that has qualifications and such or any sitter for that matter...she was watching him for free.

Maybe I should emphasize anything else that goes wrong with Danny... My spark plugs and wires need to be replaced as soon as possible... found out today. That...I can deal with.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

January 20th, 2012, 09:19 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No digging holes for you!!! We'd miss you too much!
I'm sorry you lost your sitter. That just sucks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search