Ladies What do you think

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2012, 07:48 AM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am trying to find a reason for these symptoms and I can't. I am going to take Jamie to the pedi on Monday but I can't think of what would cause these symptoms. Jamie has been throwing up in the middle of the night in her sleep. She will get up and act fine untill she throws up again. She only throws up these two times and then she is her normal self the rest of the day. She has been complaining of stomach pain but she acts like her normal self. Both nights I was home to wittness this she had chicken for supper.( Chicken alfredo one night and KFC the last night). The one morning I wasn't home so I don't know if she did it for hubby. Can anyone think of a reason for her to do this. No history of acid reflux but we have a distant cousin with Cilac's disease.

* forgot to add she is having diarrhea only after she vomits.

Last edited by challowell; February 5th, 2012 at 07:53 AM.
February 5th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
It could be food related but you would need a food journal to keep track of what it was and when it happened. If you think it could be celiacs it would happen every time she had wheat, rye or barley. That includes all their "code names"... If you google gluten in food labels you should get a long list of things to avoid and check on. Basically unless you guys almost never eat these it shouldn't be celiac's. It isn't a random issue....it is a response with every exposure or a constant problem. I would narrow down your possibilities (food wise) and test them at home. If you give her chicken again and she does the same thing than I would say avoid chicken. Chicken and beef do that to Danny but without the vomiting.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

February 5th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I am looking at everything she had this week and she had no new foods. The only thing we done out of routine was go to Petland to see all the animals on her field trip. I made sure when we got back to check for ticks or "little critters but none were there. I don't know if she is developing a late allergy or what is going on with her. I took her to the bathroom a little while ago and we were in there for 20 minuites while she done nothing but pass gas and had a little runny poop. I never have seen her this gassy.
February 6th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe it is just a bug? Did you take her in today?

February 6th, 2012, 01:44 PM
We went to the doctor and since she has been having this since Thursday night he thinks it is probably a food allergy. He wants me to cut out dairy for a week and see if it gets better. She says her belly hurts after every meal so he is sure it is an allergy to something she is eating. She loves milk so this is going to be a rough week.
February 6th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Did he suggest a substitute? We use oat milk. Soy milk tastes good but if she has a milk protein intolerance (just like an allergy but it is triggered by a different part of the immune system) she will likely develop problems with soy if she eats it much. That is what happened with Danny. Nut milks are good if no one in the family has a history of nut allergies.

February 6th, 2012, 08:38 PM
He told us rice milk only. I never realized untill today how much food she eats that has milk in it. She was crying tonight because she wanted macaroni and cheese and I had to tell her no. I made a few milk free foods and labled them so my hubby can feed her tomorrow without having to look at all the labels.
February 8th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Well the school gave her broccli and cheese soup today and she is saying her belly hurts again. so much for smooth sailing. Well this kinda confirms the problem. Although I will say since we cut the dairy she doesn't have the big belly anymore. Now she is wanting ice cream and I can't find a single rice milk ice cream recipie. I guess it is back to websurfing for me.
February 9th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Even Vegans Scream for Ice Cream

This one has a few that use rice milk and at least one that uses no milk substitutes. I hope this helps!
challowell likes this.

February 9th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Thanks. She had another episode of bad diarrhea again this morning and her belly is really distended again. So it limits it down to the milk she had at school or the strawberry syrup I put in her rice milk. I wish the school would have listened because if she done this and it was just the syrup I would just throw away the syrup and be over it. Since I don't know I will have to keep trying to go without dairy untill we know for sure. Tonight I made homemade pizza without cheese. Jamie ate about 4 slices. Apparently after a few days of "i don't like it " you start to eat it.
February 10th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Uh huh... Gradually it will get that way. Did you see my post on the food allergy forum?

February 10th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Yeah. I am going to have to try that "mac and cheese" recipie. I looked through the ingredients on the strawberry syrup label and ti has no natural flavors. it is basically corn syrup, artificial flavoring, and red dye. I think I will try to give it too her again this weekend to rule it out.
February 10th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good idea. The syrup is MUCH less likely to elicit that sort of reaction but it is possible.

February 15th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I found out last night she Can't handle goat cheese. I ended up wearing it. We saw the doctor today and he wants her to go another week without milk. I am trying to cook without milk and I am starting to get better at cooking without milk but it has really limited me. I also get to spend the next five days fighting Jamie to put in eye drops. She has pink eye and it is the worst case of pink eye I have ever seen. I've seen green crusty but Jamie's little eyes are just pouring out gunk. It is so bad because she looks like she has 2 black eyes. Hopefully we have a good day soon.
February 15th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Rice Vegan Slices | Galaxy Nutritional Foods

Those are a rice based cheese product that has no milk proteins at all...only rice milk and pea protein (at least for the parts that replace the milk). Maybe once her tummy settles down you can try that? Did she have goat's milk and goat cheese or just the goat cheese? Most kids can tolerate goat cheese even if they don't tolerate the milk itself. Danny is an example of that... We use oat milk for cooking. It is an excellent replacer for milk when baking...which soy and rice milks often stink for. :/ Oat and hemp milk are the most hypo-allergenic milks that are commercially produced but Danny HATED hemp milk... :/ If you get oat milk and she does fine with it I would suggest ordering it in bulk on Amazon. It is eligible for free super saver shipping which means for me it is 50 cents less per box of milk than getting it in the store even without counting the 45 minute drive to the only store in town that carried it.

I am really sorry that the goat milk/cheese upset her belly.

February 16th, 2012, 07:52 AM
It was just the goat cheese. We are going to get Vegan cheese the next time we go to my MIL's.
February 16th, 2012, 06:21 PM
They gave her cheese pizza at school today. They said they thought it was OK because they took pulled the cheese off before they gave it to her. She is now in a pull up so she is not pooping on every single pair of underwear.
February 17th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can you just send her a lunch that is milk free until they get it through their heads that it is not okay? We have to send Danny's meals, snacks, and drinks at the request of the school but in my mind that is better than having things like that...which seem to be happening a bit too regularly... I'm sorry hon...

February 17th, 2012, 10:21 AM
They do not allow packed lunches. I love that they work with her seeing things and work around her not having depth preception but it is so hard getting it through their heads that they really have to watch what she eats. Today they are having their Valentines day party and someone brought in chocolate cupcakes I told them before I left that Jamie can't have them and that I sent an extra homemade rice krispie treat so she won't feel left out. Hopefully they will listen to be today.
February 17th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That seems REALLY silly that they don't allow packed lunches... Is there a way they will make an exception if this continues to be a problem?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search