What's Up!?!?

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MommaLexi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2012, 10:43 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This place is practically a ghost town lately! I miss you guys! So let's do a check in. Jump on in and tell us what's up.

Name:

Kids names, ages and diagnoses:

How are your little ones doing?

How are YOU doing?

Anything coming up (medical or otherwise) that you'd like to share?

March 9th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Name: Sarah

Kids names, ages and diagnoses: Danny, 4.5, FTT, 15 Food Allergies, severe asthma and a million puzzle pieces that don't fit together...

How are your little ones doing? Breathing wise he is okay, allergy wise he is okayish. GI wise he is still a mess. He has been complaining randomly of belly pain again and will cry when he goes to the bathroom no matter the texture of his BMs. He is still stalled for weight...down from the last visit but I am not sure by how much. Still getting 3000 calories per day....

How are YOU doing? I have 3 weeks until spring break and then three more weeks until graduation. Those are my goals right now. I have an interview for student teaching on Monday to see if I can do student teaching with all the absences that will be required with Danny's appointments. We will be moving to Cinci hopefully after student teaching in December or possibly before if I can't do student teaching... We will see how that goes...

Anything coming up (medical or otherwise) that you'd like to share? He goes to the nutritionist at the GI's office Tuesday afternoon to log his weight and then we leave Wednesday afternoon for Cinci as long as we have gotten a call to let us know the referral has gone through. The GI here asked the Ped her to do the referral for Cinci because the GI's have all been denied for months and the ped has already gotten us a few. Well the GI here got the appt date and time over 2 weeks ago but never called the ped to let them know so that they could start the referral. I called to check on the referral on Tuesday and that is how I found out they didn't know. So our appt is Thursday and they started the referral Tuesday afternoon... Ugh.... This is too similar to last time where thankfully we could reschedule the appt for later that week...this time we won't be so lucky... If we have to reschedule it will at least be a month out probably. Hematology emailed to set up a phone conference to go over the lab results for next thurs or Fri so I reminded them that we would already be there and asked if they wanted us to just come in for a consult and they haven't responded yet... Go figure....

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

March 10th, 2012, 09:45 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name:Christina

Kids names, ages and diagnoses:Rachel, 4 and Jamie 2- milk allergy and intermittent exotropia

How are your little ones doing? They are doing good.

How are YOU doing?I am frustrated trying to make milk free stuff

Anything coming up (medical or otherwise) that you'd like to share? Jamie goes back to the opthamologist Monday and he is going to remeasure her eyes.
March 12th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Guess I should answer my own questions huh?

Name: Anna

Kids names, ages and diagnoses: Meagan (15) Abbey (13) Kayla (9) and Ellie (6). Ellie has cerebral palsy, chronic lung disease and severe anxiety with selective mutism.

How are your little ones doing? My girls are all doing well. Abbey's on a mission trip right now and I'm missing her like crazy already. (it's only been a day so far) Ellie's finally starting to regain some weight after loosing 4 lbs (which is a lot for her) when she had pneumonia a couple months ago. But she still hasn't really started walking again yet.

How are YOU doing? I'm doing pretty well. I recently started teaching music lessons again which is helping a little financially and I'm having fun with it. The girls are keeping me very busy but it's all good stuff.

Anything coming up (medical or otherwise) that you'd like to share? We're planning on doing another round of botox/serial casting treatment at the end of the month and We're on the waiting list for hippotherapy (horseback riding) for Ellie. Spring break starts on Friday for us. Yay! And my brother is finally getting married in June. We're all looking forward to the wedding.

Sarah, I hope Danny's belly pain goes away soon. Poor guy. Student teaching sounds exciting. I hope you can work that out. What grade are you hoping to teach?

Christina, I'm glad your girls are doing well! Can Jamie handle soy? I can't have soy so I don't have any specific recomendations for you but almost everyone I know who can't do dairy says that it's the best alternative and it seems to be pretty readily available. I hope things get easier for you soon.

March 12th, 2012, 04:08 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamma_anna View Post
Guess I should answer my own questions huh?

Name: Anna

Kids names, ages and diagnoses: Meagan (15) Abbey (13) Kayla (9) and Ellie (6). Ellie has cerebral palsy, chronic lung disease and severe anxiety with selective mutism.

How are your little ones doing? My girls are all doing well. Abbey's on a mission trip right now and I'm missing her like crazy already. (it's only been a day so far) Ellie's finally starting to regain some weight after loosing 4 lbs (which is a lot for her) when she had pneumonia a couple months ago. But she still hasn't really started walking again yet.

How are YOU doing? I'm doing pretty well. I recently started teaching music lessons again which is helping a little financially and I'm having fun with it. The girls are keeping me very busy but it's all good stuff.

Anything coming up (medical or otherwise) that you'd like to share? We're planning on doing another round of botox/serial casting treatment at the end of the month and We're on the waiting list for hippotherapy (horseback riding) for Ellie. Spring break starts on Friday for us. Yay! And my brother is finally getting married in June. We're all looking forward to the wedding.

Sarah, I hope Danny's belly pain goes away soon. Poor guy. Student teaching sounds exciting. I hope you can work that out. What grade are you hoping to teach?

Christina, I'm glad your girls are doing well! Can Jamie handle soy? I can't have soy so I don't have any specific recomendations for you but almost everyone I know who can't do dairy says that it's the best alternative and it seems to be pretty readily available. I hope things get easier for you soon.

The pedi is just now letting us try soy to replace the milk. We were just doing Almond milk and going with no cheese on anything. I will say she loves the Dayia cheese we found but we have to drive an hour to get it. Her Appointment went great today. He saw her eye drift and her correct it herself which is huge.. He wants to see her in 6 months for a dilated eye exam and another remeasure. That will put us past the 1 year mark since her eye surgery. That is such a huge milestone for us.
March 16th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Doralovinmomma's Avatar and hell is just a sauna
Send a message via AIM to Doralovinmomma Send a message via Yahoo to Doralovinmomma
Name:felicia

Kids names, ages and diagnoses:bradleigh micheal/6/aspergers and working on ODD diagnosis, my little intellegent boy who can outschool me except in reading,he hates it----desiree nichole/3/allergic to coconut but no mental problems showing themselves,just a straight up diva who wants to dance

How are your little ones doing?pretty good. 2 weeks in school for bradleigh with no write ups. he is even trying to read so thats good. thanks to the 504 he has special considerations in the reading parts of school. he had one incident where he got in a kids face but he put himself in time out and flipped his card immediately after he calmed down so thats an improvement. and he has stopped stealing so yay!!!! Desiree doesnt really fall under this forums category but shes my kid too. She is a little diva. 3 going on 14 i swear. her favorite new sayings are i no wike you anymore and i not you best fwend anymore (shes a little behind in speech but not far enough to worry about the doctor said)and slamming her bedroom door. she has also developed a fear of the dark now so thats new.and we struggle with that. we think its her way of dealing with her grandfathers death a week ago.

How are YOU doing?losing my mind hahaha.i myself have chosen to be without meds for a couple years now. i had gone through 7 combos in a year and some time and almost all made me a zombie. i've been without since aug. 2010 and thought i was fine but recently with all the stress the bipolar cycling has become uncontrollable and i cant focus or remember anything thanks to my ADD and if i cant function how can i help my son function. so i'm going to try to get back into seeing my therapist and getting on possibly zoloft. that helped me tremendously with my ppd so maybe it would work for this

Anything coming up (medical or otherwise) that you'd like to share? we recently got a 504 for bubba because under their autism scale he didnt fit(yeah maybe because they all observed him at once for only 3 hours,hmm)so no iep could be done. we are hoping to get a 3rd party testing for the ODD soon and maybe go to UofM for more examination

Thank you Niamh for my awesome blinkies!! And Vicki... for my fantastic siggy

March 19th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Welcome Felicia! I'm glad you're here. I hope you'll stick around so we can get to know you and your little ones better.

March 21st, 2012, 05:40 PM
MommaLexi's Avatar Adoptive and Foster Mommy
This place is practically a ghost town lately! I miss you guys! So let's do a check in. Jump on in and tell us what's up.

Name: Lexi

Kids names, ages and diagnoses: Avery, 2, HIV, fetal alcohol syndrome, has a feeding tube and hearing loss. Maliyah, 12, has HIV. Solas, 2, has autism, sensory processing disorder, and is cognitively delayed 1 year. Olivia, 6 months today, down syndrome and (hopefully fixed) heart defect.

How are your little ones doing? Good! Olivia has her 2 week post-op appt on Friday, which is thankfully here in town. Avery is doing good eating regular pastas, bananas, cooked carrots and cooked squash! So exciting! We have an appt. next week to discuss whether or not she can start weaning off of her tube feeds. Solas is adjusting well and doing amazing in his progress. I have not heard from Maliyah in over 3 weeks Praying she is doing well and just busy in school

How are YOU doing? Good I'm stretched pretty thin, but I'm managing. My migraines have really gotten better. My BP and blood sugar have been really low, so I've been very tired, weak, and blah feeling, but hopefully I can get back into exercising and eating regularly and get past those 2 issues. School is insane right now, but just one more week until Spring Break!

Anything coming up (medical or otherwise) that you'd like to share? Just Olivia's post-op appt and Avery's gi appt
mamma_anna likes this.

FD ~ Squishy, 8mos old, Down Syndrome, Heart Disease (post open-heart surgery)
March 21st, 2012, 06:44 PM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
Name: Marisa

Kids names, ages and diagnoses: Zoe, 6, Severe brain damage, mental age 3/4, cp, Mircocheply, seizure disorder,

How are your little ones doing? Shes doing great. On spring break, shes progressing well in school and is talking much more then this past summer.

How are YOU doing?As of right now, to be honest, holding on. I wish i could say i was doing better.

Anything coming up (medical or otherwise) that you'd like to share? Finishing my degree in business adminstration and the most important swim lessons for Zoe. Im hoping they work out as she loves the water and last year was trying to swim.
March 23rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Lexi, I'm so glad to see a good update from you! It's wonderful that Avery is doing so well with food. I hope that continues. Glad Solas is doing so well. Good luck with Olivia's post op. I'm sure she's doing great. I'm praying for Maliyah. I hope you hear from her soon.
Enjoy your spring break! Take some time to take care of yourself.

Hi Marisa! Welcome to JM. I'm really glad you're here and I hope you'll stick around. This board has been pretty slow lately but I'm hoping we can pick it back up. It's been a great support to me and I want it to be that way for others too.
Good luck finishing your degree. That's exciting. Hope you can get Zoe into swim lessons. We're working on that for Ellie too. She's a little fish.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search