The casting begins... (X posted)

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2012, 12:13 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ellie got her first set of casts this morning. She got light green ones to match her Palm Sunday dress. Now the trick is to keep them clean so they'll still match her dress come Sunday.

They are thicker and heavier than we remember from last time and she is definitely not happy about them. She is able to stand in them with support but can't quite figure out how to walk with them and crawling is pretty much impossible, especially on carpet. So she's stuck using her wheelchair today.

Everyone at school has a really positive attitude about it and that definitely helps. Her classmates are very curious and full of questions but Ellie's not much up for talking right now so I'm not sure how that will go over.

With God's grace we will get through this one day at a time. It's a good thing. It's only temporary and it will help her in the long run. We just have to keep reminding ourselves of that.

March 29th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
((((HUGS)))) I will be praying for her and you guys! Can you wrap the casts in seran wrap so she can crawl any better? I don't know if it is the height of the casts or the friction... :/ Sorry hon.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

March 30th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Hmm.... seran wrap. Now there's an idea I hadn't thought of. We'll have to try that and see if it helps. Thanks.
She's taken to rolling today. Not very graceful the way she does it. Kinda funny to watch actually. And it's kinda noisy because the casts bang together every time she turns. haha.

Had to keep her home from school today because she litterally didn't sleep AT ALL last night. Just couldn't get comfortable no matter what we did.

It will get easier. It will get easier. It will get easier. Right?

March 30th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Right!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

April 2nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
MommaLexi's Avatar Adoptive and Foster Mommy
Yes it will! Praying for her, and you!

FD ~ Squishy, 8mos old, Down Syndrome, Heart Disease (post open-heart surgery)
April 3rd, 2012, 12:36 PM
Well... she's standing and walking in them... sort of... a few clumsy, difficult steps at a time with her walker anyway. Big enough of an improvement for me to be happy.

We've resorted to giving her a mild sedative at night to help her sleep. Not thrilled about drugging my child but you do what you gotta do.

Thanks for your prayers.

April 3rd, 2012, 04:36 PM
MommaLexi's Avatar Adoptive and Foster Mommy
Yay for the improvement!

FD ~ Squishy, 8mos old, Down Syndrome, Heart Disease (post open-heart surgery)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search