How was your....

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2012, 11:41 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Easter weekend?

Did you do anything to celebrate? Any egg hunts? Did you have to make any accomodations for your LO?

April 11th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
We did egg hunts, dyed eggs, and had an Easter basket. His Easter basket had no candy in it. It had games, sidewalk chalk, a kite, cars, etc... For dying eggs I had to get a set of dyes that didn't have red 40 in them and he didn't get to eat any of them. That made him a little sad when everyone else got to eat some of their eggs... For the Easter Egg hunts (2 of them) I brought the two types of candy that Danny can have and after he hunted eggs he got to swap his candy. He really liked that idea.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

April 11th, 2012, 12:06 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like a great Easter basket! Glad Danny got some candy too!

Ellie very much enjoyed her cast free Easter weekend! She lucked out because of the holiday and the timing of everything and got 2 days between casts instead of just one.

Her Easter basket was just like her sisters. Nothing special. Just a little candy, hair accessories, lip gloss, nail polish, etc... She got to dye eggs with a little help from her sisters on Saturday and participate in the big family egg hunt with her sisters and all her cousins on Sunday after church. 20 kids this year. 120 eggs in our backyard! (yes I know we're crazy. )

Ellie did great! The last couple years she was pretty overwhelmed by the whole thing and just clung to me most of the time but this year she was really into it and had a lot of fun. I think it helped that we were at home and she knows all of her cousins pretty well now.

The only accomodation we had to make for her was that Meg carried her around for the egg hunt because she wouldn't have been able to get to the eggs from her wheelchair and her walker would have been way too much work for her, especially on the grass.

April 11th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
That is great!!!! I am so glad she got a break from the casts! Yay Ellie for hunting easter eggs!!!!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search