If you're lurking....

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Noix

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2012, 12:04 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Come out, come out wherever you are! We don't bite. I promise.

I know there are more people reading these posts than actually responding to them. That's okay. I'm just wondering who you are.

Why are you lurking? Just curious? Have a little one with special needs but not ready to share yet? Used to be active and just don't have the time or the need to post anymore?

I want to know. So post something. Share as much or as little as you want. Let's get to know each other and get this board moving again!

April 25th, 2012, 09:23 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well actually I bite but I don't have teeth so it won't hurt. We are tryiing to get Rachel early enrolled into kindergarten but are hitting a lot of roadblocks. I am just so fed up with the schools.
April 26th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
We are here...mostly lurking. We hit a LOT of hurry up and wait things and as things get more specific and more severe we have very specific questions and lots of time sucked away. I will also be graduating next Friday!!! The week after that is when Danny gets his g tube so not much of a summer for me... :/ We do need to get this board moving some more.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

April 29th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I am lurking. I started with the developmental delays board, then went to the failure to thrive where I linked into Gerd and then I came here.

Any way my 19 month old is getting evaluated for developmental delays tomorrow.

I am worried about my 6 month olds growth pattern, but after reading what other issues are I am thinking I am paranoid. I am going to check out the breastfeeding board as she is EBF.

April 30th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Hope you can get Rachel into kindergarten. I hear you on the schools. It really shouldn't be such a hassle to deal with them!

Sarah Congratulations on graduating!!!! Good luck to Danny with the G-tube. Hope all goes well.

Welcome Nicole!! Glad to have you here. Good luck to you and your little one tomorrow! Let us know how the eval goes.
Hope you can figure out your baby's growth issues. I bet it's nothing serious but that doesn't make it any less worrisome for you. (((hugs)))
Just my two cents.... EBF babies are almost always a little smaller than formula babies. Growth charts are based on averages calculated at a time when the majority of babies were exclusively formula fed. I think it skews the numbers a little.

We're still in the middle of casting with Ellie. (and now Kayla has one too. ) The school year is winding down so I'm working on scheduling meetings with everyone to discuss plans for next year. And I'm determined to get her into swimming lessons this summer, hopefully as soon as the casts come off for good.

Anyone else going to join us? Come on... you know you want to!

April 30th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Regular
My grandmother adopted a little girl who had been shaken as a baby who's about a year younger than me. I'm always hoping I'll see a posting where I can help someone with what I know.
May 1st, 2012, 11:53 AM
Hi kathydavid!!

No need to wait for the right post. Jump in whenever you want! We'd love to get to know you.

July 29th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Veteran
Hi i'm lurking here...

My son is almost 3 and he has very low muscle tone but we don't really know why yet.. He just saw a neurological doctor a week a go and had some blood tests that showed that something is wrong with his muscles so he is having a muscle biopsy this week or next week so I haven't written anything yet.

He's been in physical therapy for a year now and is improving but not very much.
July 30th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Hi Noix! I'm so glad you're here. I know there are several moms in here in the "we don't know what or why yet" phase. No need to wait for a diagnosis to start posting.
I hope the biopsy goes well and can give you some answers. I'll be thinking of you and your little guy next week. Please keep us posted. We'd really love to get to know you.

July 31st, 2012, 06:00 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamma_anna View Post
Hi Noix! I'm so glad you're here. I know there are several moms in here in the "we don't know what or why yet" phase. No need to wait for a diagnosis to start posting.
I hope the biopsy goes well and can give you some answers. I'll be thinking of you and your little guy next week. Please keep us posted. We'd really love to get to know you.
Thank you so much for your nice answear, I'm very emotional these days because I am so worried so I almost got tears in my eyes ( just saying almos so you don't think I'm a crybaby I did get tears) he's having his muscle biopsy on thursday and it takes a Week to get the results so hopefully we will know something in less then 2 weeks.

The wait and not knowing what's wrong is terrible I wish I had a clock and could just forward a little into time!!
mamma_anna likes this.
August 1st, 2012, 02:29 PM
Oh I am a total crybaby!! No judgement about that here. And there have been soooo many times in my life when I wish I could've hit a fast forward (or rewind) button. I get that.
I'll be praying for you and your little guy tomorrow. Hope everything goes well and you get some helpful results soon.

August 1st, 2012, 06:42 PM
TemporaryMom's Avatar Regular
I'm lurking! Since my kids are foster kids, I'm not sure how much I'm comfortable sharing about their special needs. But without getting into specifics, O has cerebral palsy, and L has down syndrome.

August 1st, 2012, 09:13 PM
Hey! So glad to see you here! Share as much or as little as you feel comfortable.

Ellie has cerebral palsy too. (among other things) We adopted her about 1.5 years ago. It was a kinship (relative) adoption through foster care. I remember being really protective about what and how much I shared about her with others until the adoption was final. I still don't put pictures of my girls online.

August 1st, 2012, 10:34 PM
TemporaryMom's Avatar Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamma_anna
Hey! So glad to see you here! Share as much or as little as you feel comfortable.

Ellie has cerebral palsy too. (among other things) We adopted her about 1.5 years ago. It was a kinship (relative) adoption through foster care. I remember being really protective about what and how much I shared about her with others until the adoption was final. I still don't put pictures of my girls online.
I'm the same way! Even with people I know IRL, I don't share anything not pertinent about my foster kids. I just think it's not my story to share, kwim? With the Internet I'm always worried I'll share too much and then someone from their families will recognize it's them! Hopefully I can find a good balance here in order to still share/vent/help, without divulging too much

August 26th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Hello.. I lurk most of the time. My 2 1/2 year old son is special needs. He has Autism plus Asthma/allergies. We are doing Biomedical treatment with him and he has had amazing improvement. It's similiar to what Jenny McCarthy did with her son, who has recovered from Autism, mainly by removing allergies, healing the gut (basically getting rid of the bad bacteria and fungi due to being on so many antibiotics and replacing it with good bacteria) and intensive therapy.

Autism - Dr Dan Speaks on Autism - YouTube

^-- This video explains what we are doing.. Talks about delayed food allergies and how the gut and bad toxins released can affect the way the brain works..

September 16th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ive been lurking... Im due in Dec with my second son. My test results came back 98% positive for trisomy 21. I havent yet shared any info with many people other than my family.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
December 28th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Ducky's mama
Hi all. I'm Jana, mom to Declan. He was 2 back in September. He was born at 30 weeks, and to be honest, until the 13th of December, I thought we'd escaped any lasting issues. We'd noticed various little things, like the way he walked, his bad balance...but never dreamed we'd get a diagnosis of cerebral palsy. Ped says he's a mild case, and we are thankful for that, but I still worry about him, and feel bad that this happened to him. He is the happiest kid you'd ever meet, with a charming personality, so I know he'll always have friends. We meet with the cp clinic at our local children's hospital in January, February at the latest. Until then I'm not googling much.just a little more aware about his struggles that I now know wont get better.

Thank you Thank you Thank you to Alethia for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search