need to vent

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Super Mommy
i posted last night, just not sure where it went.
But Im seriously frustrated.
I honestly believe God will not give you more then you can handle, but right now I feel like im at the end of my rope
I have three kiddos and one on the way, my two youngest are special needs and this week seems to have gone crazy. My 3yr old has celiacs, asthma and numerous allergies, FASD and we suspect autism. This week we were told he cant have nightshade veggies or fruits on top of everything he already cant have. But he isnt stressing me. My 5yr old is.
He is developmentally 2.5 and no matter what we do, he isnt changing, he doesnt catch on to anything and he is regressing. he is back in diapers for the day, or he will poop on his floor or pee where ever. He doesnt sleep at night, instead he gets up and gets into whatever he can. The other day he ate 2dozen cookies, a loaf of bread, dirt,3 apples, in 15mins, we caught him and he just looked at his dad and said what daddy. This isnt once and a while, its all the time. He cant answer the W questions, and he is still in diapers to go to bed, i dont have an issue with diapers at night, but this child we put a cloth diaper with 2inserts plus 2 heavy wetter soakers and a cover on and every day he wakes up soaking wet. He has ruined 3 mattresses, we get the mattress covers, but he takes them off. He chews everything to shreds(blankets etc) and he's broken 4 beds.
im at my witts end. And i needed to vent to anyone that might kind of understand.

August 15th, 2012, 08:47 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a friend whose sons done the same thing. What she had to do to curb the eating at night was get combination locks and lock all the food up. She left out 1 thing like a bananna but everything else was under lock and key. Have you tried sticker charts for the potty training. That worked wonders for the two boys. The mattress cover I do got a question on. Is it a plastic cover or does it have a cloth top? He may not be comfortable with the all plastic cover.
Thank you peimum for my beautiful siggy.
August 16th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that you are having such a difficult time. I don't have any suggestions but I wanted to tell you that my bff's son who is autistic wasn't out of diapers until he was 9. He just didn't get it. The mess and the wetness didn't bother him at all.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
August 16th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Super Mommy
challowell, we have the ones with the cloth on top and they zip up around the bed. We have tried the plastic ones..they were benificial to us because we could hear him get up. But bugged him so we switched and he still takes it off. We have tried sticker charts, reward charts, treats, everything and he doesnt care.

right now we are dealing with a penis infection and infections on his butt because of his urine. its horrible. but it doesnt bother him at all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search