Autism

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By swaddlestar

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2012, 11:34 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
My son, Ryan, who will be 5yo on 9/28 has Autism. Is there any other parents on JM with children who have Autism?

Leslie

August 19th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my son is 8 yrs old and has austism& adhd- nos, he was diagnosed in march. he is in special ed 3 rd grade, recieves it/ speech 2 a week and he's in counseling 1 a week

August 25th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I usually just lurk in here but I thought I would introduce myself.. I'm Melissa and my son has Autism. He also deals with food allergies, Asthma, and Allergic Rhinitis.

My son is 2 1/2 years old and we are currently doing the Biomedical treatment with him, mainly diet changes and healing his gut. This will be as far as we go with the treatment. Which he has had amazing progress. He is also receiving speech therapy weekly, IBI (using the Early Denver Start model) therapy Monday-Friday, and he attends a developmental preschool.

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; August 26th, 2012 at 01:05 AM.
August 26th, 2012, 12:02 AM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
My daughter Tori is 5 and was diagnosed with high functioning autism at age 3. She went through lots of early intervention from the time she was two years old and on. Because of the wonderful programs she went through and two years of a blended VPK, we were thrilled when she was placed into mainstream kindergarten this year! She does have an IEP and will be pulled out of class to do OT once a week.

At home our main issues are food (sensory issues) and meltdowns during focused tasks.
Adriana's Mommy likes this.

August 26th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Here is a video of my Ryan -

DSCF1511 - YouTube

August 26th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
aww.. He is adorable.. I just noticed he is the exact same age as my daughter, she turns 5 years old on Sept 28th too..

Does Ryan talk without prompting? My son has a severe speech delay. But since we started Biomedical treatment his words are starting to come out and he is like a little parrot, saying words we are saying. Just yesterday, he told me Thank You Momma, without prompting. It wasn't clear words, but I understood.

Thanks for sharing.

August 26th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Ryan is verbal, but he doesn't really carry on a conversation. He repeats a lot and will reply if it is something he likes. He will tell me Good Morning at 10pm. If he needs to say Thank You, I say, "What do you need to say?" and he responds, "Say Thank You!" He doesn't know his age or when his birthday is. He knows who Santa is, but not the reason why Santa is. He lives on his plane and sometimes visits mine.

Leslie

March 31st, 2013, 08:41 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My oldest has high functioning autism and my youngest has pddnos diagnosed as on the autism spectrum. Both are verbal, but my oldest it took a LOT of therapy for years to get him started talking. He started talking (again) around age 4 1/2. He was talking a little before the age of 15 months, too, but lost all his speech and motor skills after his MMR shot.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search