ROLL CALL: UPDATE US WEEK OF 9/19/04

Forum: Children with Special Needs

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children with Special Needs LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2004, 08:57 AM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
How are you and your little ones? Tell us your name, age and family info too!
September 20th, 2004, 04:24 PM
locawith2kids

Last edited by locawith2kids; May 10th, 2012 at 06:20 PM.
September 20th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Regular
Hi new here. Bailey Roberts. My son Eric has autism and is 7 years old.

Bailey
September 20th, 2004, 10:07 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Krista, 25.
Super mom to Madison-4, Anika-2, and Corbin-3

Anika does not yet have an official diagnosis, we are meeting her new Neuro. in November. So far she's been daignosed with hypotonia (not BCH, just hypotonia so far, lol), Sensory Integration (this is a new one), GERD, Laryngealmalacia, Reactive Airway Disease. I've been told that she may be diagnosed with Ataxic CP, but we'll see.

She had her GI appointment last week, and she will have another Endoscopy in November, after that we will be deciding if/when she will have surgery. I didn't know that surgery was still a possibility, so whe he said so, I was too suprised to ask if we were still talking about the Fundoplycation, or something else. I'm sure I'll find out soon enought, lol.
Anika is also starting a new developmental program on Wednesday. I think she will enjoy it, though it's quite intensive and I'm a bit overwhelmed by it. It is with 11 other children, 2 children to 1 therapist. They go around to different "stations" where they will get PT, OT, and ST. On MOndays this happens with the parents participating (I like that!), but on Wednesdays the parents have to go to another room where it will be like a support group (I'm so not ready for that!). THEN Anika will have 1 hour one on one with each of the therapists on other days of the week (haven'te sched. that yet).

We're heading into RSV/cold/flu season and I'm scared to death! This is Anika's first season without synagis, and her Dr. has told me about all the precautions- and we're traveling by plane next month! I'm so scared she's going to catch something!!!! Remember that cold she had a couple of months ago put her in respiratory distress. ACk! Other than that, plus my other 2 kids, I've got nothing going on, lol.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search